Help no spark!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help no spark!!!

ok, i need some highly technical info here....

here is my rough drawing....

ok, i have no spark on 1&4. just put a new coil in. both coils are good.
    wire B has good voltage from the battery, wire A shows continuity between the coil and the box. on the other hand, wire C shows NO continuity. this does not make sense to me cause 2&3 have spark just fine but no continuity and 1&4 have no spark but have continuity. i am lost here. what are the white and the black wire for?

note, the black wire also has a stripe, i think its white but i dont remember now.

as of right now i think its the ignitor box. is there any way i can sub the black wire from the ignitor for the white one on the first coil? just to see if i can get spark?

i looked and ignitor boxes are expensive!!! crap

Comment

It won't run but switch A & C. Most people switch to the Dyna Ign when the stocker gives out

Comment

it did run on 2 cylinders, but i obviously wont let it stay that way. so i can swap a and c just to verify thats the problem?

Comment

whats the best place to get a dyna ign? on ebay they are like 130... is that a good price?

Comment

This guy has been selling used ones. I don't know if they're good but I've seen him sell at least ten and his feedback is good.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

sweet man. i sent him a question to see if it will fit on mine or not.... i know i need the dyna 3-2.

Comment

www.Z1enterprises.com has 'em for new for 120.00

Good luck. Just replaced my CDI/igniter this week. Coils are next.
                Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

Working...
                X