quick!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick!!!

i can't get pilot jet out. unscrewed it but it will not come out someone please let me know what to do. i want to get atleast one carb done tonight

Spray carb cleaner in it and let it sit. It should come out. Also spray carb cleaner into the main jet and block where the needle jet enters and that might force it out.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

thank you chef i finally decided to take a straight poker and pound in a little and pull it out. but there was no oring on it?

Comment

Originally posted by justmount1 View Post
        thank you chef i finally decided to take a straight poker and pound in a little and pull it out. but there was no oring on it?
        The o-ring is probably still down in the bore. As they age they often stay behind when the needle comes out.

Comment

well if it is it is in the dip now. i will have to try and pull it out when i get out of the dip

Comment

Were you referring to the fuel mixture screw? The pilot jet doesn't have an o-ring.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

no i was refering to pilot jet i thought it did but i got #2 taken apart and it didn't either so figured it didn't

Comment

ok so i got #1&2 carbs taken apart and no guidance line on #2 and also no washer or oring on either air mixture screw

Comment

Originally posted by justmount1 View Post
                  ok so i got #1&2 carbs taken apart and no guidance line on #2 and also no washer or oring on either air mixture screw
                  That would account for some of the issues that you are having. Keep digging, you may be surprised at what you find. :-D

Comment

I was gonna suggest a big hammer.

Comment

i am looking and i think on bike bandit #68 is air screw but not sure how would i get the washer for it?

Comment

The washer and o-ring is still in the carb. Take a look with a flashlight. I've had many stick in there.

Comment

nope they're not in the carbs still

look i put a pic of the bike on now this is what it loks like now ok its not working yet lol
                          Last edited by Guest; 07-03-2007, 08:54 PM.

Comment

pic

i hope this shows the pic

Comment

ok how do u post a pic lol

Comment

Working...
                              X