gear indicator wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gear indicator wires

since i took off the speedo and tach cluster can i just cut the wires on the left side of the engine? or can i take off the cover and unplug it?

anyone help would be good:-D

Comment

Yeah, just take the cover off.

It's held on by two screws.

If i were you, i'd leave them there so that you can wire up a neutral light, but to each his own.
      1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

Comment

You have to cut the wires, and then reinstall the switch body so there's not a big hole in the side of the engine. It's well hidden from view, so there's no need to worry about making it pretty.

It's held in with two screws, and there's an o-ring you'll want to replace.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

fixed. thanks :-D

Comment

Neutral light

how do i wire up just a neutral light? i still have the wires connected

Comment

Find the wire in your harness that is the neutral light and wire it to whatever light you plan to use. You'll prolly need a diagram to figure it out without cutting everything to test each one.

Comment

got the manual, thanks

Comment

Working...
                X