Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Plug Wires for a GS1150 with Dyna Green Coils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Plug Wires for a GS1150 with Dyna Green Coils?

I have some Dyna Greens that I bought and I need to throw some plug wires on them and get them on the bike. Any suggestions for the size and brand to go with that is pretty commonly available?

I used a set of dyna wires, I believe they are 7mm, non resister. Bought them from Z1 for around $17 I think. Seem to work well with the green coils and dyna ignition module. If you order them don't make the stupid mistake I did, I bought two sets thinking I needed 4 wires not realizing there are 2 wires in a set which you then cut to length near the center giving you 4 wires. Ray
    "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
    GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
    1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
    1979 GS1000SN The new hope
    1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Do yourself a favor. Get the proper crimp tool for the terminals. The plug end is allready attached, The coil end is not. If they are not crimped properly they will not go into the coils very easy, and will come off if you try to remove them later.
      Last edited by Guest; 12-17-2007, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.
        GS850GT

Comment

I'm using a set of Accel wires from the local auto shoppe.

Since it's for a Chevy V8 or somesuch, I got two sets...

(In other words, just about any wires will work fine. There's nothing magical about motorcycle plug wires or Dyna coils.)
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
          X