Wiring Aftermarket Ignition Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Aftermarket Ignition Switch

I have been toying with the idea of installing an after market ignition switch to relocate my existing.

Problem is all i can find is 3 pole versions. And the GS has 4 poles. Anyone ever wired in an aftermarket switch without going hack crazy to the wiring?

LoL. OK So I will be the first?

Comment

i fitted a remote ignition/ start to my gs. really easy to do, looks cool when you can start it up when you are 100 yards away and great to fool potential thieves as they spend too long looking for the ignition switch!
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by adrian.max@blueyonder.co. View Post
        i fitted a remote ignition/ start to my gs. really easy to do, looks cool when you can start it up when you are 100 yards away and great to fool potential thieves as they spend too long looking for the ignition switch!

Was your remote 3 wires or 2? From the schematic it looks like "on" bridges brown/orange and red/grey. I was thinking about getting a two wire switch, permanently connecting orange/brown with butt connectors and using the switch for red/grey.

Comment

yes mate thats how i did it, linking the orange and brown together
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by adrian.max@blueyonder.co. View Post
            yes mate thats how i did it, linking the orange and brown together
            Sweet thats what I was thinking.

I am up in the air though about the orange - brown connection. I am thinking of possible using a rocker switch and hiding it some where. Else the bike will be way to easy to steal.

Simply tape a paper clip on the back of the ignition start er up and ride off lol.

Probably going to want to get some sort of caliper lock too since I will be loosing the stem lock.

Comment

Working...
            X