Who's running VM33 smoothbores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's running VM33 smoothbores?

I'm looking for some ballpark specs to set my 33's up with. I'll be running them on a 78GS1000, 1085 kit, ported head, V&H or Yosh 4 into 1. Looking to see what others have theirs set up with. I need main jet, pilot jet, jet needle position and needle jet numbers if anyone has them. My set also has the 1.5 cut aways.

Anyone?
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

I'm in the same boat (but with 15 more ccs :-) ) The Sudco Cataloglists the following baseline for GS1000/1100:
    132.5 Main Jet
    .6 Air Jet
    17.5 Pilot Jet
    6DJ30-4 Jet Needle (is that clip fourth from the top? or from the bottom?)
    261 O-6 Needle Jet
    2.0 Throttle Valve
    3/4 out Air Screw

I bought jets to go to this baseline, from the teeny ones my carbs had in them, but I've got the 1.5 throttle valves too, as they're ~$80 each, IIRC.

- Richard

Comment

Originally posted by rcp View Post
      I'm in the same boat (but with 15 more ccs :-) ) The Sudco Cataloglists the following baseline for GS1000/1100:
      132.5 Main Jet
      .6 Air Jet
      17.5 Pilot Jet
      6DJ30-4 Jet Needle (is that clip fourth from the top? or from the bottom?)
      261 O-6 Needle Jet
      2.0 Throttle Valve
      3/4 out Air Screw

I bought jets to go to this baseline, from the teeny ones my carbs had in them, but I've got the 1.5 throttle valves too, as they're ~$80 each, IIRC.

- Richard
      Yes, I have that document. I wonder how much effect the ported head will have on those settings. I think the 1.5's will be ok, because IIRC they are richer than the 2.0's.
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

From my experience on my 1105 Kawasaki its 1 or 2 sizes rich on the mains. They were way too much of a pain in the ass except running wide open for me and I traded for a set of 29 smoothbores. I think the 33s would be too much for a 1000, not enough air velocity. Just my opinion though, Im no expert

Comment

Originally posted by woodman View Post
          From my experience on my 1105 Kawasaki its 1 or 2 sizes rich on the mains. They were way too much of a pain in the ass except running wide open for me and I traded for a set of 29 smoothbores. I think the 33s would be too much for a 1000, not enough air velocity. Just my opinion though, Im no expert
          Was your head ported?
          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Working...
          X