Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Throttle is tight...is it just the throttle tubing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle is tight...is it just the throttle tubing?

Do I just need to replace the throttle tubing if it is real tight? When I turn the throttle its not that smooth. its pretty hard to pull back. doesn't give it the gas it should. Anyway to loosen that up or am I stuck like that?
    Last edited by Guest; 05-23-2009, 04:27 PM.

Take the cables off Clean & lube them should fix your problem. Make sure the grip is not pushed up too far

Comment

Check the bends.

Check the bends in the cable, tight bends make for a tight throttle.
      Check if the grip is rubbing on the handlebar.
      It might be the price of gas too.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

If it's a dual cable throttle make sure the cables are not too tight ie. you need a bit a slack in both cables. I found my return cable was quite snug and it was causing the carbs to stay open when I released the throttle at high revs, as well as being hard & rough to twist - at first i thought it was the carb spring.
        1979 GS750E

Comment

Make sure you don't have the throttle jammed into the end of the handlebar.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
          X