question about plugs on pilot screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about plugs on pilot screws

i have a chance to get some carbs off ebay and they have the caps on the screws still, how much of a pita will it be to remove the screws? Will there be a bad buildup of stuff to fight?

Actually with the caps still on the idle mixture screws will be shiny and like new.

Drill a hole in the cap and pull it out with a screw. Back the drill out as soon as you penetrate to not damage the screw head.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

also i am going to bid on a set that has a dynojet kit on it, i am stock will i want to revert this? i have new mains should i keep the pointy adjustable needles?

also what about the brass air corrector thing in the mouth of the carb?

Comment

You will be able to tune the Dynojet carbs to stock.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

it doesnt come with other jets. so i should probably use my mains and also does the dynojet replace the pilot jets? and should i remove that brass piece pushed in the air jet or no

Comment

It does not include a new pilot jet.
            The brass insert effects the main jet and not the pilot jet. You are thinking of the pilot air jet which is replaceable.

Comment

correct but i dont know much about jetting changes and was wondering if i should remove it, is it because of the taper of the needle or something?

Comment

I've had little luck in getting them out. I actually broke a carb body trying to put a screw in it to yank it out.
                As I said you will be able to jet with the Dynojet kit.
                What is wrong with your stock carbs?

Comment

thanks! and also here is my saga http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...26&postcount=1

long story short i have swapped everything possible side to side and it has remained on that side, im pretty sure its has to be the carb body

Comment

Did you check compression and make sure you have good contact with the spark plug caps. They twist out and you can cut the wire a tad and retap.

Comment

yes i have 145 across the board and new caps with wires cut back

Comment

Working...
                      X