Leaky tach drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaky tach drive

Everything was fine this weekend, but I noticed some wet appearing around the tach drive. Assume I need a new seal. Where do I get one? Checked bikebandit, but they changed the drawings on me and it’s just too hard.
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

What bike, noob? Is this applicable?
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
      Noob!!??

But you're right, sorry..'82 GS1100E.
      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Originally posted by Bert Patterson View Post
        Everything was fine this weekend, but I noticed some wet appearing around the tach drive. Assume I need a new seal. Where do I get one? Checked bikebandit, but they changed the drawings on me and it’s just too hard.

i wouldn't worry about it unless it's dripping oil. Makes it easier to remove when you want.

Comment

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks, chef, Fig. 1. it is. Back to bikebandit.

I just want to fix it because it's messy (anyone who's seen my bike would find that more than a little funny).

Comment

#17 part number 472466-001
              #16 part number 490260-001
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                The same part numbers work, believe it or not -- I just did these seals on an '83 1100E using the same parts as a GS850.

You gotta love Suzuki's parts bin engineering sometimes.
                Last edited by bwringer; 09-21-2009, 05:38 PM.
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                  The same part numbers work, believe it or not -- I just did these seals on an '83 1100E using the same parts as a GS850.

You gotta love Suzuki's parts bin engineering sometimes.
                  I suspected they were all the same, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity. And they might not be all the same, so I figured I'd poke him just for safety.
                  Dogma
                  --

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                  '80 GS850 GLT
                  '80 GS1000 GT
                  '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Bert Patterson View Post
                    Noob!!??

But you're right, sorry..'82 GS1100E.
                    Can't let your guard down around here...
                    Dogma
                    --

--
                    '80 GS850 GLT
                    '80 GS1000 GT
                    '01 ZRX1200R

Comment

Working...
                    X