No announcement yet.

Oil Drain plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the one, just did this myself last week and it worked like a charm.

Comment

To those who used a +1 plug, where did you get it at? Same problem on my 550!

Comment

You can get one at OReilly's or Autozone
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

oil drain plug

Do yourself a favor and do the right fix on it, pull the pan off your bike and take it to a good bike shop or machine shop. Have them install a steel threaded insert and a new drain plug with a copper crush washer. When you get it back, the insert may stick up a bit inside the pan, just take a file or a dremel tool and cut two slots down even with the pan, this way all the oil will drain out. This fix is forever, don't ever had to worry about stripping it out again. It is worth the time and money to get it done. I fixed my bike like this and wondered why I wasted so much time on band aids.
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
          X