Lowering Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering Kit

Hi guys I have just pick-up a 1980 Gs850G. Just wondering if anyone know if there was ever a lowering kit made for this bike. I would like to put both feet flat on the ground.
    Thanks for the help.
    PS great site!!!!!!!!!!

How low do you need to go?

There are no kits, but you could fit slightly shorter shocks and pull the forks up in the triples a bit. That will get you maybe an inch at the expense of some cornering clearance. You can also cut down the seat foam to get maybe another inch or two.

You might also just look around for a GL model, which puts you a couple of inches closer to the ground. Or buy a smaller bike like a Ninja 250 and work on your riding skills -- with enough skill, a smaller rider can handle a taller bike. There's no need to have both feet flat.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

lowering

I drive a 1978 gs750. I put on 11" shocks and shaved the seat down some. Lowered it quite a bit. Probably took 2-3 inches off the original height.

Scudder

Comment

No lowering kits as such, just get lower shocks or cut the seat down, or both.
        (You didn't mention in your post, or your profile that you have been riding for 35 years, so it was assumed that you are a new rider).
        Please forgive my ignorance, as the esp switch was disabled when I replied, earlier.

Comment

Working...
        X