Engine work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spyug View Post
    Thanks guys for all the input especially the heads up on gasket sets and the piston ring compressor. I'll be getting those for sure.

You are going to laugh about this.

I was out and about this morning on business and decided to stop in at my local Napa to find some exhaust studs. Friend Duaneage had PM'd to let me know they carry them in packs of 10. I had asked him for a parts # reference as the monkeys in that store have a hard time finding stuff. I wasn't wrong again. 8mm exhaust studs....no such thing they say. Infact they don't carry much in exhaust studs at all. Can they be ordered..... "Don't know....don't think so" Ok next question, "Do you have ball hones?" What? You know, engine cylinder hones. What are those? You're ****ting me right? No, never heard of it. WTF??????????????? I give up.

Went to Carquest. Would you believe an almost exact repeat. What's going on in the automotive world if the monkeys behind the parts counter don't know this stuff.

I'll still keep looking for studs or maybe shoot down to Buffalo to get some if I have to but in the meanwhile I got some cap screws that might work in a pinch.

I just wish there was one place you could go to round up all this stuff. It would make life way simpler.

Stay tuned for more of the fun and games on my road to making a Katana run.

Cheers all,
    Spyug
    BMW car dealerships have very good quality studs in the correct size.
    Ask for exhaust studs for an M 10 engine. (1984 - 85 318i, etc.).
    If you want them cheaper order from Autohauz Arizona.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but bentrod gave me the heads up on it a while back. Just a quick tip here for anyone installing pistons, If you use a hose clamp (gear type) around the rings they work very well and are easy to remove/install.

Comment

Working...
      X