Z1 Petcocks V Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
    The only real difference is the vac tube goes on the same direction as fuel (out the back of the petcock) where as stock the 2 tubes face different directions.
    I've bought both OEM petcocks & the Z1 repalcements... they looked identical & both of them were different from the original stock ones regarding the angle & placement of the vaccum port.

I believe Jeff is correct when he says the Z1 model is the same as the OEM replacement ones.

One bit of advice I would offer though, if you're replacing a petcock on a smaller "L" model tank, don't go with the smaller reserve petcock - I did & the reserve was somethingf like a mile or so. Ended up running out of gas a couple of times, a PITA...

I fixed it by selling the bike
    '85 GS550L - SOLD
    '85 GS550E - SOLD
    '82 GS650GL - SOLD
    '81 GS750L - SOLD
    '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
    '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
    '82 GS1100G - SOLD
    '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Originally posted by hikermikem View Post
      One bit of advice I would offer though, if you're replacing a petcock on a smaller "L" model tank, don't go with the smaller reserve petcock - I did & the reserve was somethingf like a mile or so. Ended up running out of gas a couple of times, a PITA...

I fixed it by selling the bike
      I wish you said that about a week ago. I guess I'll have to just be careful.
      -Theo

Comment

Originally posted by Theo View Post
        I wish you said that about a week ago. I guess I'll have to just be careful.
        -Theo
        No worries Mr. Theo, just figure out where the point of no return is & plan ahead - it's the curse of those smaller "L" tanks.
        '85 GS550L - SOLD
        '85 GS550E - SOLD
        '82 GS650GL - SOLD
        '81 GS750L - SOLD
        '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
        '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
        '82 GS1100G - SOLD
        '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Working...
        X