No announcement yet.

$1.50 airbox hoses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will the bike need to be re-tuned if i am able to fit these on properly.

I am still struggling with my airbox and the 2 inner boots just wont reach because the airbox is concaved in the middle from the heat over time.

I havent the money to put on pods and deal with all of that mess im trying to get this fixed. it is the last thing necessary to get my bike on the road and its been several months on and off with more frustration than i know what to do with...

i love this bike especially when it was running but should have not bought it on so much impulse because i need a daily driver to work and school both full time
    Last edited by Guest; 04-06-2010, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Hi Mr. spyug,

This is good stuff. We're all learning along with you. I'm enjoying your journey. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Dang!! I was hoping this was gonna have a happy ending. I replaced the carb to block boots but not the airbox ones. And mine are little hard. I should have but didn't.
        I'm going to watch this thread....
        If you get this to work, it should be stickied.

Comment

Ya know, Spyug, I had so much dang trouble getting my airbox to carb rubbers together that I almost sold the bike. Those 2nd Gen 750s are worse than working on an 86 Honda Civic alternator (next to the firewall, behind the drivers side wheel)!

I don't see how to get the steel rings inside to hold them in place, so they sit on the shelf in their new Suzuki packaging lookin' all pretty and smug and whatnot....

Comment

I've been reading about your battle with replacing old hard air box boots.
            I had exactly the same challenge when replacing the ones on my 78 GS750. Being tighter with a buck than the bark on a tree and restoring on a budget, I could not come to part with the bucks to buy new ones. So with some thought and a little enginuity I was able to make some using two sizes of radiator hose. They look and work perfectly and at a fraction of the cost of new boots.
            I read in this thread that rubber radiator hose will eventually deteriorate due to fuel and engine vapors, but what the heck.......for the little money it cost me to make these, I don't mind if I have to replace them every few years. These are going on 4 years old now and still look to be in fine shape.

GS750GUY

Comment

Working...
            X