No announcement yet.

Problem transmission..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the sprocket cover has a worm gear with a lock nut and a pre-load adjuster.
    if the pre-load is to tight then the clutch pack will not lock up...it will slip like the clutch is pulled in.
    no forward motion.
    do you know the adjuster i'm speaking of?

Comment

No, I'm sorta confused..

Comment

the sprocket cover where the cable goes into it.
        the cable goes to a bell crank...that part is connected to the worm adjuster i'm speaking of.
        this adjuster is behind a small cover attached to the sprocket cover.
        left side of bike.
        the cover that goes over the front sprocket.

Comment

Are you able to take a picture of it? i've been up for the last 32 hours so i may be just stupid or just uber tired.. Are you talking about where the cable goes onto the little are guy in the cover and the bolt with like a flat head spot on it and a nut/washer??

Comment

thats it.
            i don't have a part to take a picture of.
            get some sleep and then loosen that nut and run the screw adjuster out a few turns, put the bike in gear and push it a little and see if it tries to turn the engine over.
            if that screw adjuster has pressure on it the clutch won't lock up...
            the correct adjustment is to turn the screw in till it lightly touches and then back it out 1/2-1 turn and then jam the nut down.
            you will have to readjust the clutch cable after this adjustment.

Comment

hmm, okay, I will first thing in the morning. I think I was cranking on that so yeah.. easily my issue

Comment

ok now your rested....
                whats the out come?

Comment

Well kdo58 came ot today and helped me fix the bike. Was just a bunch of simple things. Thanks man! You really helped!

Now then.. I need the spring on other piece for the kick starter.. I'll take pics in a bit of what I mean.. Apparently they broke and the kicker likes to fall and make a grinding noise.

Comment

if you haven't replaced your chain and sprockets yet you best do so before you ride it again or you will wind up doing worse damage than you did the first time

Comment

those GS kicker bikes are some tough mo-fo's....
                      i'm glad its fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyderman View Post
                        if you haven't replaced your chain and sprockets yet you best do so before you ride it again or you will wind up doing worse damage than you did the first time
                        The chain and sprocket are in decent condition.. it was just extremely loose..

Comment

Working...
                        X