GS450 oil filter cover stud size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450 oil filter cover stud size

I've been searching this site and some others, and all I can find is that the studs are 6m (6x1mm). What is the proper length?

And can anyone provide any part numbers or websites in which I can obtain them and the nuts for them?

Thanks.

I'm sure there are cheaper places but you need 13, 14 & 15 times however many you want to replace. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by mattocs View Post
      I've been searching this site and some others, and all I can find is that the studs are 6m (6x1mm). What is the proper length?

And can anyone provide any part numbers or websites in which I can obtain them and the nuts for them?

Thanks.
      IIRC, I measured these studs at 32mm or 34mm long. Don't remember which...

You can put in bolts just this once so you can go ride, and order some new studs to be replaced with the next oil change.

Don't use bolts regularly, though -- the threads in the aluminum engine case are pretty delicate and will get sloppy after a few more oil changes.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Thanks! Just what I was looking for.

It is supposed to rain for the next week, so i'll just hold out until I get the studs instead of using bolts.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X