for all who know what this means.... I honor you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for all who know what this means.... I honor you

well those of you who know I'm new to the forums, know I've just finished building my dream bike. a 27 year old dream at that... same age as myself (strange right?) anyway this is what I wanted to ask everyone here:

you know what this is for (in regards to these bikes) right:

LEFT: 1 - 4
    RIGHT: 2 - 3

well now I do as well! SPARK PLUG WIRE to cylinder routing

when I traded my shotgun for this bike, the PO had the wires routed left: 1-2 and right:3-4

ran like poo to say the least. I read this site, bikeclliff's.. anything I could find on these bad boys... tore it apart to nothing... and cleaned, repaired, rebuilt, replaced, fabricated, upgraded, shimmed, reshimmed, sync'd, RE-sync'd... re-cleaned... then sync'd some more.....

all to be thwarted by my common sense

"plug wire routing" I thought to myself.... wow. I've rebuilt supercars for years now, and am glad that a simple brain fart can put you back in perspective with how things work.

[IMG]http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pV3Xr6XK8IMZa-7HF4ETPbYzwPIy-HdEGmQIDPCKa460u_2yRCroaSHchP8fO-CEiLbRnFfga55085FudMSu*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$/david%20in%20enzo.jpg[/IMG]

and I should thank the GS RESOURCES once again for their vast collection of information (correct information) that has helped save another amazing machine from the nasty grip of barn-death.

my beauty is up and screaming thanks to yall!
    Last edited by Guest; 03-09-2010, 05:32 PM.

Glad to hear it, for both your bike & yourself.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Well, let's see a pic of her!

Comment

Very nice job. no hacksaw novice with an eye to a TLC gig are you.
        the first pic is especially lovely
        Last edited by Guest; 03-09-2010, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Pics!

Ferraris are a dime a dozen... we want old bikes!
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Pics are in his public profile. Nice bike, clean lines.

Comment

He's fooling us, There are no Ferraris in Lebanon TN, I roam the streets there every day. A few old bikes, but no Ferraris. pm sent
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

always the simple things that get you...

Comment

Originally posted by Turtleface View Post
                  Pics are in his public profile. Nice bike, clean lines.
                  Ah, I see.

(scampers off to look...)

Hmm. Wow! I have to say that of all the things that have passed before my eyes, that was pretty unexpected.

Nice quality build!

No apologies are needed. Well-done customs don't bother me at all -- crappy hacked up customs bug the heck out of me. You're obviously not just another surly teenager with a hacksaw.
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

See...now....

I was thinking he actually had converted the GS into the "Cart," then built the "Ferrari" around it ....

Sort-of-a..........

Ya know..

Before and after, type stuff................

Now y'all say there is a bike?

Sheesh...............

1 and 4, 2 and 3...secrets out now..... lol

Left or Right don't really matter...only the primary match the secondary.

Comment

I appreciate the kind words guys... but please feel free to point, poke and prod at me for not checking the simplest of things! all this time I thought I was going mad... but hey, she's running like a top now!

Rphillips: you sir are correct on the lack of supercars in Lebanon, TN! I recently left my employment in Miami, FL due to not being a "team player".... meaning I wouldn't commit the insurance fraud they'd like me to. so I was starved out like anyone with half a conscience. anyway, I'm building my own supercar as we speak... so look out pagani!

I was hesitant to modify this one, but the more I looked at it the more I could see "my" bike... all in all I'm glad I built it, and more than glad I joined the Resource!

thanks again everyone for the help

Comment

Originally posted by Williams View Post
                        I appreciate the kind words guys... but please feel free to point, poke and prod at me for not checking the simplest of things! all this time I thought I was going mad... but hey, she's running like a top now!

Rphillips: you sir are correct on the lack of supercars in Lebanon, TN! I recently left my employment in Miami, FL due to not being a "team player".... meaning I wouldn't commit the insurance fraud they'd like me to. so I was starved out like anyone with half a conscience. anyway, I'm building my own supercar as we speak... so look out pagani!

I was hesitant to modify this one, but the more I looked at it the more I could see "my" bike... all in all I'm glad I built it, and more than glad I joined the Resource!

thanks again everyone for the help
                        That's what bikes have always been about, making them your own. Whether it's just tire valve stem caps or all out modding. Some people don't like what I've done to my bike but I'm the only one that has to ride it. I get to put classic plates on it this month.

Comment

Tejasmud... I appologize for the confusion in those "before and after" pics! I've got some of them in my profile... and that dang 1-4 2-3 secret... WHERE WERE YOU when I needed that little thing!?

Mr. Rick... congrats on the upcoming classic status! here in TN that would mean lifetime registration... and a LONG bit-o-ridin... not sure of the regs in other states...

Catbed... If only it were that simple... wait... it kinda was! I feel like a complete tool lol... but a complete tool with a running bike

well so everyone doesn't have to hunt through my profile.. here's a few final pics of my 1983 Suzuki GS850.... L

Comment

Awesome bike, love the lines and the look....

Glad you got the wiring sorted. Must sound a lot better with the wiring done right.

Comment

That is a nicely done ride. I think I might need a bit more padding for my boney butt though. I'd like to know how you did that rear cowl.

cg
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                              X