Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb question82 gs 650

Ive gone through hell and back with these carbs and have had enough,
    gas leaks with preasure around intakes and overflow. what I thought was with the petcock being vaccum'd gas flow was restricted with the engine off could it be a vaccum leak and when the bike is off it flows back through the intakes and leaks. does anyone know of an online rebuild I'd like to try it myself I built one for my old truck it cant be to far off from that. any ideas would be great.
    Thanks,
    Keltic

If your looking for some online help with rebuilding your carb look here

Comment

Re: carb question82 gs 650

When there is vacuum in the petcock vacuum line, it pulls on a diaphram which opens the fuel valve and lets gas flow. There is no vacuum on the gas itself. If the diaphram leaks, the vacuum will draw gas up the vacuum line. The vacuum line should never have gas in it. If it does, then your petcock is faulty. For gas to glow into the intakes when the engine is off, the petcock must be faulty because no gas should be able to flow through the petcock when the engine is off. Once gas from the faulty petcock fills the float bowls, the float needles should shut off the flow. No gas could then flow into your intakes unless your float needles were leaking.
      You need a petcock, and new float needles.

Is fuel running out of the over flow tubes on the carbs? Does the bike smell like gas. Does the crankcase oil smell of gas?

Earl

Originally posted by Keltic
      Ive gone through hell and back with these carbs and have had enough,
      gas leaks with preasure around intakes and overflow. what I thought was with the petcock being vaccum'd gas flow was restricted with the engine off could it be a vaccum leak and when the bike is off it flows back through the intakes and leaks. does anyone know of an online rebuild I'd like to try it myself I built one for my old truck it cant be to far off from that. any ideas would be great.
      Thanks,
      Keltic
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

yes the bike smells of gas I think Ive gotten the leak part fixed the float was hanging up now it runs great but I have a blueish white smoke from left side exhaust any ideas

Comment

Does it smoke only when first starting up (think the valve guide seals)? Check your compression, perhaps the rings?

Comment

Blue white would likely be oil being burned. Thats either rings or valve guides. Do a compression test when the engine is warm. Be sure to hold the throtttle open when doing the test. (its easier on your starter and battery to have all the plugs removed)

Earl

Originally posted by Keltic
            yes the bike smells of gas I think Ive gotten the leak part fixed the float was hanging up now it runs great but I have a blueish white smoke from left side exhaust any ideas
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
            X