No announcement yet.

Whats going on in your garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The project for this weekend is to make up the lower shock mounts to be welded on in the near future...
    Here are a couple of photos with them mocked up.

Comment

another roadblock

Look what i found

This was hiding under the rubber chain buffer on the swingarm. Time to drop back and punt.

I am looking into repair options or just going with a modern swingarm.

Ride On, Ed.
      2005 GSF1200SZ
      1983 GS750ED

Comment

weld 'er up

Comment

Now what caused that, is it off a Harley?? or was the bike hit in the rear.
          1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
          1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
          1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
          1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
          01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by oldschoolGS
            Look what i found

This was hiding under the rubber chain buffer on the swingarm. Time to drop back and punt.

I am looking into repair options or just going with a modern swingarm.

Ride On, Ed.
            2005 GSF1200SZ
            1983 GS750ED
            Ed, you could probably get away with welding it up and bracing the swingarm like the 750 featured in the Power of the Poconos mag. I think you know the bike I'm talking about. I still have that copy have it if you need pictures.

Comment

I have no clue what caused it. That is the aluminum monoshock swingarm off my '83 GS750ED. It is cracked at the pivot point where it attaches to the frame. The opposite pivot point also has a hairline crack, but not as bad as the one pictured.

Don't know how long it has been that way either as it was hidden under the rubber chain buffer and could only be seen after removing the buffer and being degreased. That swingarm is pretty lightweight, I am now wondering if it is up to the task of handling sticky radials and 100+ hp.

I am having it welded/braced and will see how it comes out. Also, mocked up the '92 GSXR750 arm last night. It will fit in the frame pivot area without much fuss but is much wider, the footpeg attachments must be cut off the frame and rerigged further outward to clear the arm.

I am gonna wait and see what the '83 arm looks like after being repaired before doing any surgery on the GS frame.

Comment

Let's bring this one back around to the first page again...... We cannot let this thread die just yet.....

Here is a photo of the latest progress on the Mighty Buffalo...

I received my chambers last Tuesday, the offset sprocket on Thursday, and had the shock mounts welded up on Saturday. It's a roller now!

Comment

Very nice Ogri. It's a winner.

Comment

Thanks! I appreciate it!

If you haven't looked in at the Suzuki Two Stroke site lately, I have more information there....

Comment

Thats gonna be one Bad azz Buffalo . . . . nice job
                      Thanks for sharing

Really like what cha did with the rear swingarm . . . looks trick

I'm going to put a set of white directional 3 spokes on my eleven50. 18 inch 4.5 with 160/60 on rear.
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-05-2006, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Hey Ogri,

How did you weld that offset sprocket?? I am in the process of trying to determine if I need to normalize my case hardened sprockets before I weld them or if a little preheat will work.

My school just went out on strike as of 2 hours ago so I should be able to get around to posting some recent pics of my bike this week.

We had 14 in. of snow here last week also, but the weather people are calling for double digits for the weekend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain Ketchup
                          Hey Ogri,

How did you weld that offset sprocket?? I am in the process of trying to determine if I need to normalize my case hardened sprockets before I weld them or if a little preheat will work.

My school just went out on strike as of 2 hours ago so I should be able to get around to posting some recent pics of my bike this week.

We had 14 in. of snow here last week also, but the weather people are calling for double digits for the weekend!!
                          I wish I could say that I did the work on the sprocket, but I didn't. Sandy Kosman at Kosman Specialties did it for me. They did a GREAT job! It's some of the finest welding I have ever seen.

Comment

For sure Ogri,

It looked fantastic in the pic you had posted in other linked forum. Thanks for the info. Killer looking bike.

Comment

Some new pics as promised. I'd post these under the new member rides topic, but I don't think I'm a new member.

1. Shows how my turbo drain will be plumbed

2. Hot side of turbo with dual pingel visable (thanks kiefsmiff, its fits great!!)

3. New speedo

4. Bike as it sits today (cleaned up a LOT of the wiring and have the front end ready to roll now)

Comment

The second half...

5. Turned this:

Into this:

6. Latest addition that has been taking up all my time. My 2 1/2 week old Cockatiel Zoe. Syringe feeding every 5 hours, flight training, and play time can eat up a whole day before I even get to the bike.

Comment

Working...
                                X