No announcement yet.

Whats going on in your garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like everyone is getting things together. I finished it this weekend. Temps were in the mid 30's. I'd like it to be near fifty before I start it for the first time.

Comment

Looks great! How you manage to keep it this clean is beyond me! Mine is all paint chips.

Still to cold here to get back into the garage. The track opens for T&T on the 8th. I don't think I am going to try and run this soon.

What do you have for spare cranks? I think I am going to need to send mine in next year and want to find a spare.

Comment

The secret is to post crappy pics that way the chips don't show up. I really should repaint the frame, but rebuilding the motor was enough for this winter. I have 2 cranks, but would like to keep them as spares. I would watch ebay, but make sure you don't spend too much. They seem to be going for alot more than they did 6 months ago.

It got up to about 50 today so I did fire it up. Idled on the choke for about three minutes. Stalled when I shut the choke off too fast. Plugs are probably fouled from the oil on the cylinder walls. Put some new plugs in and look the top end over when it cools. Sounded good.

Comment

I don't buy it. You must be Paint Shop Pro'ing it cause it looks show room clean.

What's the project behind it? Are you going to try your hand at 4-wheel racing?

I thought about that last crank on eBay from Gardner, but would like to get a virgin one. I still run the stock gears.

Comment

Hi all,,I'm new to this forum, so just wanted to let you know what's goin on in my garage, which is not much at the moment. I have a GS1150 that I use primarily for racing and have been somewhat successful with. Probably because of it's consistency at the track. It's totally in pieces at the moment, but when it was together, last year it was an 1198 with a stock head, stock cams, 38mm flatslides that took a dyno to actually get right, V&H pro pipe, Dyna 2000 ignition and an air shifter. The chassis was streched to 63 inches by lengthening the stock arm and I used the stock wheel which was widened to 4.25 inches and has an M-1 sportech 150/60 tire. ( I'm about to sell this as I write this). You can see the bike in action by clicking to www.photosbyjim.smugmug.com/ scrolling down to Oct 29,2005 click on that, then click on the first bike in the thumbnails on the left,,the bike number is 98. There were alot of custom parts made specifically for that bike, but it's now on to bigger and better things, I think. It'll be lengthened again by quite a bit, and a bigger engine, a wider rear wheel, and nitrous maybe,,we'll see. No bars though,,I don't like them. anyway,,hope all of you have a safe and successful year!!
            Thanks,,Jim

Comment

Hmm.. a lot of hi-perf here....
              Me, I've just dug out an old EF head from the darker areas of my garage.
              The plan is to freshen it up just enough to use this season and (if money appears) install larger valves and get a port job next winter.
              This will hopefully provide further material for my site and the development of my motor..

Comment

Originally posted by 1150Jay
                www.photosbyjim.smugmug.com/ scrolling down to Oct 29,2005 click on that, then click on the first bike in the thumbnails on the left,,the bike number is 98. Thanks,,Jim
                Nice looking bike. Looks like the VMax was about to have a chain fall off.

Comment

Track dog is alive!

Ran it last night ,sounds real good.1166cc flattops,g3 cams,Murdoch head,38 flatslides.Should be finished this weekend.Then I can go get an Inspection sticker,and go racing next week.
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-29-2006, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RifRafRacing
                    Ran it last night ,sounds real good.1166cc flattops,g3 cams,Murdoch head,38 flatslides.Should be finished this weekend.Then I can go get an Inspection sticker,and go racing next week.
                    Nice looking bike can't wait until you get a few runs on it.

I was checking my cam timing today and murphy's law pop up again when one of my cam cover bolts stripped out. If this keeps up I'll need to go out and buy another 7mm helicoil kit. I'm getting real good using my hand drill and my toe's.
                    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by Ogri
                      Thanks!

I've come to a bit of a stalemate.... Work seems to be getting in the way of my project.
                      I'm still planning to have it done for Vintage Days at Mid Ohio. We'll see......

Time for another installment in the ongoing saga of the Mighty Buffalo.....

I supposedly took the week off this week. So, between the calls from people that do not understand the meaning of vacation (unless they are on vacation), I have managed to get a little bit of work done on the MB.

I have welded the stops to the lower triple, had the sprocket carrier turned down to make the sprockets line up, installed an idler arm to take up the chain slack as well as keep the chain off the shift shaft, and purchased some paint for the triples, the swingarm and anything else that goes black.

Comment

Yesterday's project was to make a tray to guide the chain as well as protect the shift shaft.

I incorporated a better means of attaching the springs for the idler arm.

Comment

man, you guys are busy! Very cool stuff, especially the turbo guys..
                          i have nothing too terribly exciting in my garage currently in progress, almost everything is done, but the 70 R5.. which is dwon to the frame getting prepped for paint. Going to be a 'stock' restoration wit th eexception of some period chrome J&R chambers and i am picking up a complete parts bike, via ebay, for 26 bucks. :-D now If i could only get my painter off his ass to get my tank & sidecovers back.

heres a shot of my bike currently torn down...

action shots to be taken this weekend.. :-D

Comment

Kaptain Katchup, how about an update of the plumbing? You were making some great progress. Lets see how its moving along.

The GSXR spung a leak last summer. Tore the pump off this weekend and got some new seals on order for it. Managed to change the blinker on the GS. Got the new oil lines made up for the drag bike.

Comment

I'm still here waiting for the track to open. Supposedly this weekend. They were grinding the surface. Wne to another local track this weekend with the hayabusa. Ran 10.05 and 140 mph. It at least gave me a little taste.

Comment

update

The garage is open and I am riding (1981 gs850gl)-
                                Over the winter I,
                                -changed plugs, oil, filter, installed fairing with lowers, cycle sound, bags, painted tank, side covers, removed pods and put stock air box back on, cleaned and adjusted the horns, added a fuel filter and finally replaced the tack seal. The bike runs great and looks very good.
                                I cannot post pictures as they are too big for this site and I do not know how to make them any smaller.

Also, the carbs needed cleanining when I bought the bike in the fall. 3 tanks of gas with carb cleaner added bought from Walmart and the bike runs like new. I did not need to disassemble the carbs(or pay to have it done)!

The info on this site helped me alot to do these things as well as locate some parts. I love the site!
                                Last edited by Guest; 04-11-2006, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X