No announcement yet.

80 GS1100E mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one. Hoomie, I saw your post dag nabbit, you luker!

I've got to get ready for a presentation. I'm off.
    Got it. So you had to fab the cap by salvaging it from a Busa tank. Very ingenious use of parts. I'm really impressed with how it's all coming together. Did you ever post photos of the completed bike (or at least photos of it mostly completed?)?

And...just because nobody else seems to have asked...what do you guess you'll have in it (just for parts)?

Comment

Some more pics of the bike's current status would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
        Some more pics of the bike's current status would be cool.
        Ok, I'll do that soon.

In the meantime I think I've figured out the fairing. For a long time I've wanted to put a small fairing on it. The problem was, I couldn't find one I liked. I think I have one now. It's from a Ducati Monster. It uses a single 7" headlight, so I can't use the duel ones I have mounted.

I've been looking at how to mount it and think I have a solution. I'm using clipons right now and I basically spun them around facing the front. They are two strong bars to hang the headlight and faing on to. I'm going to fab some brackets to adapt everything.

The fairing is red, and has some scratches, so I'll need to paint it. I also need to find some drag bars to replace the clipons.

Comment

I know how the life/time thing is Steve so just wanted to tell you that the new pictures will be appreciated by many. There are quite a few of us who are actually very interested in following this project and seeing it completed! Keep on keepin on man

Comment

Latest Pics of the bike?? [-o<

Comment

Just bumping this to make it an active thread again.

Comment

Do you have any new pics of the bike

Comment

Working...
                X