No announcement yet.

performance intake mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I'm open for opinions lol I couldn't be on here if I wasnt, do you think it could be something else causing the bike to act up? would leaky valves do something like that? My exhaust valves were very built up with carbon behind the valve seat.

Is it a common thing to adjust stock cams timing? Will it affect other parts of the powerband?

​​​​​​I have the stock exhaust and I could run it but the baffles were taken out by the PO so Im not sure if it's gonna be better than the 4:1

Going back to how it would act, with pilot size up it was very slow and bogged until it went to the next set of jets, it was a pretty dramatic difference, and with the stock jets max turns out it would idle well for the most part and rev up well with no load but under load without riding clutch it could act up pretty bad with the bike running and feeling rough and also being choppy, would be worse if I gave the bike more throttle, could die out if I wack it to full throttle. If it sounds like something other than the pilot jets or exhaust are behind this let me know what to check
    Last edited by timebombprod; 07-23-2022, 08:30 PM.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Comment

Just a thought, May try lowering the needles a little, they may be too high (rich) & letting in too much gas in just off idle, thus the stumbling & fouled plugs. How much larger than stock are the mains???? With stock air box you should have plenty of vacuum to pull plenty of fuel through a reasonable ( couple of sizes maybe above stock) jets. BIG jets are needed for opener (less vacuum) intakes. I'm not an eng. tuner so beware.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Mains are stock but I have 110 I can put in there, plugs looked lean last time it ran and it has stock pilots in there right now aswell, I'll have to learn how to check and adjust needle height.
        Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
        1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
        X