Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track Stories 08

About 95% done with a 64" WB

She's at 1395cc's again so it should be fun. From what I can tell we will only have one motorcycle class so the box might be coming off for awhile.

Last edited by RacingJake; 12-26-2007, 10:38 PM.
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Alrighty....let's get ready to rumble...

I need to get my pipes re-cerachromed and send in my slider basket for a rebuild....
    Then it's T&T time come April.....\\/

'08....should be great!

Bob T.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Jumping the gun just a little? It's 2007 still. I got the new ebay cases tore down, cleaned up and shipped out today to be bored. They looked pretty good other than I had to pull the lower studs and they were put in with some tremendous torque and adhesive. Strong enough that I actually snapped one stud when removing them. Not a big deal but was surprized.

Got the Wearables pre-filter. Pretty nice part. Looks like it seals good and should help keep the filter clean.

One of the kids cars took a crap over my vacation so we tore into the engine. Ford 3.0 V6 with single cam. Head was cracked. Went to the junk yard, got two heads, both were cracked. Had junkyard remove two more heads from a motor. One was cracked and one was good. Very thin casting and all were cracked on the same valve, same cylinder, same spot. All were over 100K miles, but come on. Weak design.

Comment

Yeap Xmas is over so it's time to get back to racing \\/

I just got to bolt the bottle in and buy one of those big car type run/off switch and I'll be ready to rumble too!!

Comment

Up to 99% now, got the battery switch hooked up.

Just got to hook up my kill switch string to my new gloves now

Can't really tell there's a bigger battery and a 2.5 lb bottle in there ??

Last edited by RacingJake; 12-31-2007, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Posted in the 2WheelSpeed forum at Dragbike.com:
            Dan and I are taking next year off from 2Wheelspeed,we just need a break,we are not saying bye bye,just taking a year off from promoting,we will be racing.Byron will be running the following classes this year dragbike,street bike,same format,super stock same format,shoot-out,same fomat,say good bye to pro-400,hot street,e class harley.Byron is talking about 4 weekends, pay-outs should be similar. What will you be missing,2008 t-shirt,pig roast,which we still could have if anyone takes charge and organizes it,dvd,which I bet someone will do anyway.Thanks to everyone that has supported us.Now I can park away from the tower and relax alittle.
            Well now what?
            Pro400 gone and I was doing well with that.
            I don't want to try and set the bike up for bottom bulbing...I've tried before and it didn't go well.

Right now I'm thinking box racing at RT66 and maybe make a few box races further away....
            I can use those four weekends to do some much needed work on the house...:?

I'm just afraid this could kill the series....Ah well, nothin' last forever...

Comment

Come and join us up at Martin in the car class. A little far to drive, but the track is very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
                Come and join us up at Martin in the car class. A little far to drive, but the track is very nice.
                Something to consider....

Martin is nice! We were there for the bracket finals last fall and really liked the place....

Comment

I am not yet 100% sure about top and mod classes, but it seems that is the talk so you may be able to keep your box. Always good to see some new faces.

Comment

It was in the 60's today. Could have taken the bikes out if they would have dried the track for us. Where is the snow?

We are having a small get together this weekend. We finally got some videos of the kid during his class. I'll see about posting them once I make a copy.

Comment

We all got to see the videos from Frank's class last night. I ripped the final pass of the kid. A little hook to the left but not too bad.

Comment

Man thats awesome. I would love to do that. Hell just to run in the 8's would be awesome.

Comment

Many of the guys in the class had not been in the 8's before the class. All of them ran at least in the 8's during the last pass. Their weight was the biggest problem, and not riding streight.

The DVD had everyone's runs on it. I used DVD Decrypter to get it to the hard drive. Then used Videora to make it into MP4. Then used MP4cam2AVI to get it back into AVI. MovieMaker wouldn't read the AVI file and used the KLMcodec package to get the codecs for it.
                          Read it all into MovieMaker. Then chopped it up and spit it back out. Wonder why things are so crappy, now you know. Is there an easier way to edit DVD video directly? Help!!!!

Comment

With the off time I've been getting myself into a bit of trouble. Not enough going on in the garage maybe?

What do you think. Sticker or the real thing?

Comment

Real thing

Comment

Working...
                              X