No announcement yet.

Track Stories 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the video editor links chef. Tried some different software. Much better rip this time.

Comment

I don't go that straight on my 9 second bike. I wish the class was cheaper. That looks awesome.

Comment

Slapped my number on the tail and ready to go.

Just need a few easy runs to make sure everything is A OK.

Here's the mod's, 1395 block back on with 750 stock head, 10.5 -1 flat top pistons, longer swingarm, 750 ratio crank and basket, 2.5 bottle with 36 shot, MC2 bolted on front down tube's and the 550 tail for that different look ???

Track should open in a few more weeks, hope it stay's together ??

1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Did you change your sprockets?

Comment

I'm starting with the 16/44 combo

Comment

Good luck Jake. Looking forward to seeing some new numbers. Lets see, 5.75, closest I could find was:

5.7540 @ 128.18, 8.8751 @ 149.86

Bars?

To run that same MPH with your setup, you would be a shade over 11000. Assumed your rear tire was 26". If you end up in that 128MPH range, you would be a little under 9500 RPM in the traps (assuming your in 5th). Should be very easy on the parts..
              Last edited by Guest; 02-08-2008, 06:48 AM.

Comment

I won't be setting any new records for a few weekend's, going to let these parts get use to working with each other before I start to hammer them. We got a new track owner too so will see how good they prep the track ???

I can't wait to feel what happens when I hit that button with this motor. It has to be good for 2-3 tenth's and at least 5 mph or more. I just hope the track can hold it.

When I tried to lift the front wheel with the extended swingarm the front felt like it was 100 pounds heavier. So I'm interested to see how it's going to launch and/or wheelie without the bar's first. I'll be in the learing mode with the 750 ratio stuff, I can drop down to a 42 if needed.

That's what I like about the 1/8, gear the heck out of it and run it hard over and over again. Plus you save on gas, 1.5 gals goes a long way

Looks like they dropped the motorcycle box class so I might just have to run with the car's or remove my box and run with the other bike class ?? Doesn't make much sense cause all the 5 second no-box bike's will chase the 7-9 second no-box bike's away then will say we want to run in the Quick 16 too and have to put the box back on ???

Comment

Sounds good!

Originally posted by RacingJake View Post
                  That's what I like about the 1/8, ....Plus you save on gas, 1.5 gals goes a long way
                  All good reasons but I like the speed of the 1/4 and can't aford to build something that fast at the 1/8. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by rosco15 View Post
                    I don't go that straight on my 9 second bike. I wish the class was cheaper. That looks awesome.
                    Yea, I laugh at the guys that think it's simple to ride something in a streight line. I'm not very good at it. Things didn't just happen over night for the kid. Even two years ago I wouldn't have thought of putting him on a 7 second bike. I think he's 12 in the start of this....

Stupid cut and paste put in a space.....

Really like the new software. Vegas ROCKS!!
                    Last edited by Guest; 02-10-2008, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
                      I think he's 12 in the start of this....

Really like the new software. Vegas ROCKS!!
                      Do I have to be a member to see your vid? The link just takes me to the home page....

And Vegas.....which one do you have? I use Vegas Pro 8...

Bob
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

It's fixed...

Movie Studio 8. About $80 and seems to work flawless. A great replacement for MS Movie Maker. After putting this together, I need to take some time to read the manual. There are some simple things I want to do but couldn't stumble my way through.

Comment

Try this Vegas forum....not a lot of traffic, but a lot info...
                          It is geared towards the pro version, but all the basic stuff is the same...

And if you really want fun...there is a way to step up to VegasPro8 for $178.....You can read it here:

I don't know if this has been posted, or if this is the right place to post it (sorry, Chris). B&H is offering Vegas 6.0 and the Vegas Pro 8

And the forum at dvinfo.net is a great place for all things digital video...

This is an online discussion at DV Info Net -- The Digital Video Information Network.

Now I'm gonna look at the video...

Bob

Comment

Good stuff! You can see how he progressed as time went by...

(You can also see how the camera man got better:-D)

The "Full Pass #1" at the Prostock school looked like it was shot off a monitor....intentional effect?

Comment

Thanks for the links.

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              Good stuff! You can see how he progressed as time went by...

(You can also see how the camera man got better:-D)

The "Full Pass #1" at the Prostock school looked like it was shot off a monitor....intentional effect?
                              My camera work didn't do him any favors. I normally took shots when he had a problem and I wanted him to see for himself. This is why you see so many where he gets out of the groove. The camera makes a great troubleshooting tool!

Yes, that run was taped off a monitor. I asked George if we could get the tape from the class but it seems they will not give them out. Ratman was making his own and was generious enough to send us a copy.

Comment

Just in case I decide to step out of my pit duties into the pilot seat, I finally put in for my license. It came last week and I'm the proud owner of a class C now. But that B is still out of reach.

Sorry but there is still no good news to report up North other than more snow.....

Comment

Working...
                                X