No announcement yet.

Vance and Hines Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thought I had, I read somewhere in these posts about somebody trimming down the spacer behind the front sprocket a few mm. I guess 3mm would do the same thing as getting the 13mm sprocket. Katman told me about that also, I got my rear axle spacers and caliper bracket from him along with alot of advice. He made the spacers and brakcet stay for me, very good work. I have two of those spacers for the shaft that go behind the front sprocket, I may try to have one machined down 3mm to see if it will work. Thanks to all. Also this Friday is a very good Friday.

Comment

Whoa guys...the middle sprocket is a PM (powdered metal) sprocket....cool. Made by compacting metal powder into this shape and the sintering it...your Discovery Channel lesson for the day...I sell the machines for this process by day...

Thanks, for the reply on the brake lines...I thought about 3" difference was right.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2008, 03:05 PM. Reason: syn

Comment

Did you paint your rims to match?

The bike color and the rims look very close in color. Are the wheels annodized, powder coated or painted?
        Very nice look. :-D
        Posplayr

Comment

I painted the rims and the body work with the same color. I used base coat clear coat. All the same paint. It is a very durable paint, spilled some brake fluid on the rims (Dot 4), washed it off, didn't cause any damage at all, very durable. Thanks for the input Posplayr.
          Mthomason, the brake lines I am using are being used with a GSXR600 master cylinder, I assume they should also work if you happen to be using your stock master cylinder, can't be for sure though. I am not using the junction box or tee, or whatever you call it from the stock brake lines and master cylinder. Just wanted to make sure I explained that.

Comment

Thanks! I am going to fit a GSXR750 master cylinder...I was wondering if you had used lines from another bike to directly fit to your master cylinder without trouble. The ones I have fit perfect if I had the clipons just below the top clamp. They are now on top...about 2-3 inches more is needed. Know anybody that needs to free some braided lines up?

Comment

I think the GSXR750 master cylinder is the same as the GSXR600. I installed risers to allow for me to use superbike bars. About 6 in. above the clipons I origianlly had installed. The 27in right and 30in left brake line work just fine with this setup.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                I suggest you find a V&H STREET 4 into 1. Call PR Factory Store at 816-737-3715 & see if they still have them. Tell Don that Ray Rains sent you. I wish I had better news for you but for street use you will be better off with a street pipe instead of a drag pipe. You will also be able to make right turns a LOT safer! Ray.
                Psalms23,

Here is a few resources in case you are looking for the V&H 4 into 1 exhaust.

Cyclespot.com
                DomainMarket.com sells premium domain names to entrepreneurs, businesses, and nonprofits that want to dominate their online marketplaces and control great brands.

Powersport Network
                http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...ctCategoryCode=

Motorcycle-Exhaust.com
                Network Solutions - Original domain name registration and reservation services with variety of internet-related business offerings. Quick, dependable and reliable.

Starcycle.com
                Starcycle USA : Page Not Found - All Parts (By Type) Gift Certificates Bicycle Brakes Outdoor Power Equipment E-Mobility

Vanceandhines.com

Motorcycleproshop.com

Comment

Thanks, Kichigai for the information. I will probably have to order another system from one of those sites. It kind of bums me out, I really like the look and sound with the exhaust I have. I have been thinking of ways I could possibly heat and bend the one part of the header that will rub, but it would probably discolor the pipe and make it impossible to line up on the exhaust port on the head. I wish I had a metal/machine shop. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X