Will an 82 1100 header fit a 77 750?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will an 82 1100 header fit a 77 750?

I just picked up a header from a guy off his 82 1100. (kerker, jet-hot coated) cheap and I am hoping that it will fit up w/o MUCH cutting and welding. Any insight is appreciated.

It will probably fit in the head, pipe & bolt spacing should be the same , but it might hang down lower underneath the bike. Other than that, will probably work fine.

Comment

If you need to cut it up I would like to buy it from you instead. Ray.

Comment

I am making a rear section using a yosh tri-oval CF can and really only need the header itself. I was thinking of chopping the head pipes and creating some kind of slip fit joint so I can tuck up the collector as tight to the frame as I can get it to maximize ground clearance. thanks for the input

Comment

did you buy it from a guy near/in hamilton?
          this pipe will fit your bike, just have to make a hanger for the collector.
          suzuki pipes in general hang kinda low.
          gs stuff anyways.

Comment

seriously. i'll buy it. if you want to cut one up i'll trade you and vance & hines plus some cash.

Comment

I have a V&H sidewinder, that I've had on A 79"gs1000, '82gs750, and a '85gs1150. I dont think the spacing will be a problem on a 77gs750 . . . Heck you have it now, try it out and let us know. . . .

PS. . . Where are all of you Ohio GS folks at when I need help ? ?? LOL

Comment

blowerbike... i did get it from a guy in hamilton...do you know him? He lived over by tristate

Comment

77GS750inCincy,
                  ive talked to him several times about parts and such for his bike.
                  i seen he had listed the kerker on craigslist a while back.
                  let me know if you every need any parts or advice/street/drag race info/ whatever pertaining to these bikes.
                  im loaded up with both and im not real far away.
                  trenton->--X--<-germantown.
                  thanks,
                  terry

Comment

Working...
                  X