• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good

Should have no issues with cornering.

Pos

Comment

That is one good looking E!
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

stiksave, was the yosh header also off off a yamaha?

Comment

The e-bay heading said 91 - 98 cbr 600 Honda. I was looking for configuration. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...8811&viewitem=
          I had bought one off of a cbr929 that had a flange to bolt up to a stock header at the catalytic converter. It would have cost a small fortune to buy a used mid pipe and gut it to make it work. The actual header ID has to be from someone other than me. It was a rusty e-bay find. It's an after market header set from a junk yard in Oregon, although it did come off of a gs1100. My bike, E-Bay and me. I didn't have much to start with. Check out my photo bucket.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-24-2009, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Great result from only a fin!! Furthermore, the newest iteration looks significantly better than the R1 version. My opinion only.

Comment

Originally posted by pkbjamn View Post
              Great result from only a fin!! Furthermore, the newest iteration looks significantly better than the R1 version. My opinion only.
              You won't get an argument from me on either point. Nuf said.

Comment

Five bucks....what a difference. Flows much better with the rest of the bike now

Comment

Stiksave,

Was your tube bender able to make the adjustment without putting a crimp in the tube (not that it matters other than visually, and its not in a place where you can see it).

Close up would be nice. Was it a local muffler shop?

Comment

You decide about the crimping. It's not a Michelin man crimp like you see on some exhaust parts. I'm pleased. It was a local shop, not a chain store, although I did have a pipe bent up for me once at a Cole Muffler shop for the bike once. The kid was very careful. The thickness of the stock used on the pipe is thinner than regular exhaust material.

Comment

Last pic. headers painted, Yoshi pipe on properly, and bar end mirrors installed.

Comment

Even better now.

Are those the bar end mirrors from Z-1? How are that at crusing speed for buzz?

Pos

Comment

Got them here http://stores.ebay.com/SportingForLess
                          These guys have a whole bunch of good stuff. Haven't noticed any buzz or such.
                          Last edited by Guest; 03-27-2009, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I am looking for new mirrors. Mine tilt back at higher speed making it impossible to see whats behind me. How are these are high speed?

Comment

Working...
                            X