• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay-yoshi pipe

ok who out buid me on the pipe??
    good lord who paid 355 for it?, thats way to high, i went 70 and was out
    i hate ebay because of ppl bidding each other up to high
    who ever got it must have wanted it bad ,enjoy
    what performance gain is there over thae vance n hines repackable pipe????

Originally posted by cyclefvr2 View Post
    thats way to high, i went 70 and was out
    ???
    I can understand your frustration, but $70 is too low for a Yoshi

Comment

I came in with $200 with 10 minutes left, been watching it all week, that was my max. In the final 10 seconds it went to $335, so somebody put in $330 and got beat by somebody who bid > $330 all in the last 20 seconds or so.

That seller, who had no idea what he had, is turning cartwheels right now.

Comment

Even at $335 its still a cheap pick up for someone for a set of Yoshi's, as long as they are the right pipes for your bike.
        Shin-Ken 1074
        1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
        1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorgonzo View Post
          I came in with $200 with 10 minutes left, been watching it all week, that was my max. In the final 10 seconds it went to $335, so somebody put in $330 and got beat by somebody who bid > $330 all in the last 20 seconds or so.

That seller, who had no idea what he had, is turning cartwheels right now.
          He can do the cartwheels after he gets paid. Lots of times buyer pulls out when they realize after the fact they bid too much

Comment

They are a pair of old Yoshi cans on there right now for a 4 to 2 as well (I'm giving it away, but the vultures will all spot it eventually anyway. Wondering if with fabrication you could make one fit a 4 to 1 and still have a can left over? That or go off the beaten path with 4 to 2.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorgonzo View Post
              They are a pair of old Yoshi cans on there right now for a 4 to 2 as well (I'm giving it away, but the vultures will all spot it eventually anyway. Wondering if with fabrication you could make one fit a 4 to 1 and still have a can left over? That or go off the beaten path with 4 to 2.
              FYI most all the older Yoshi cans use a 2 1/2" mid pipe and the same collar closest to the rear bracket support. I have picked up two of the nozzle type NOS. The oval and other RS-3 type are 2 1/4"

Comment

The newer oval stainless/carbon RS-3 Yosh cans occasionally come up on the local Kijiji and Craigslist for relatively cheap (< $200, used)....also found at the local bike show/swap meets in January (Toronto). Having a mid-pipe made up at a muffler shop should cost around $100 at most....some cans have a sliding strap stay, which simplifies mounting issues. Someone here has done this (I forget who, but it was one of our older members), and it looked kick-ass on his E. So that is a good option (I'll probably go this route myself, if/when it becomes necessary, though my existing system is still going strong) if you aren't a stickler for the 'period correct' look.
                With Gixxer type running gear, the period-correct look is already blown away, so that makes this mod even more attractive.
                Tony.
                '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I have been looking at Bassanis for years, I have a yosh GS11 megaphone hanging on the wall. It will hang until i get a Bassani to replace it (on the wall) I probably will never get one at this point, I waited too long I fear.

That is the thing about old stuff, depending on what it is for, it gets pricier. It is still cheaper than KZ stuff. In 30 years busa parts will be collectibles.

Check out Kawi H2 stuff (my latest toy). A set of nice denco chambers can go for close to a grand.

Comment

i paid more a bit more then 355 for my yosh pipe a few years back. It only went for 355 now due to economy in the crapper. If you want a yosh pipe in nice shape you better have atleast 500 in in your war chest and hope you can get it for less.
                    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                    82 Kat 1000 Project
                    05 CRF450x
                    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
                      i paid more a bit more then 355 for my yosh pipe a few years back. It only went for 355 now due to economy in the crapper. If you want a yosh pipe in nice shape you better have atleast 500 in in your war chest and hope you can get it for less.

Ryan,

I must have lucked out; I got a race Yoshi (under belly) (pretty nice can , solid metal but a little pitted) that I got for about $135-$150 off e-bay.

IIRC, it was on one of the lowest days plunging market days in the fall of 08 .

Jim

Comment

Every now and then a jewel comes along at an unbelievable price. I scored this mint condition, period perfect Yosh racing pipe for $11.50. I did, however, set a high bid at $500, and would have gladly paid that. I had the only bid on a no reserve auction. Sometimes you're in the right place at the right time.

1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

U down right stole that durn pipe

Looks good ; Bike even better

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
                          Every now and then a jewel comes along at an unbelievable price. I scored this mint condition, period perfect Yosh racing pipe for $11.50. I did, however, set a high bid at $500, and would have gladly paid that. I had the only bid on a no reserve auction. Sometimes you're in the right place at the right time.

Comment

That's pretty close to hitting the lotto.

Comment

+1, that looks fantastic, slightly similar in look to the latest GP style cans!
                              Probably pretty loud?
                              Tony.
                              '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                              Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Working...
                              X