No announcement yet.

GS1100 Swinger on a 1000 V Stock Steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately I do not possess the equipment to machine dip, so I'm looking for a local machine shop small enough to care about such a little job.
    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
      See your bearing supplier for a roller bearing inner race of the right length and with a 25mm OD. It will probably have an ID around 19 - 20 mm.
      Easy enough to machine up a bush from mild steel with the right ID and press into the bearing inner race.
      It's only the outer surface of the bearing race which has to be hardened, so long as the ID is a good fit on the pivot bolt all's sweet.
      the GS750 swing arm bearing is 22 x 29 x 30 and the GS1100 is 25 x 33 x 30

I know, I measured them today I am not going to bother machining new spacers to take the 14mm bolt, or source odd size bearings , just going to drill the frame out

There is still going to be plenty of meat left on that pad after taking it out from 14mm to 16mm
      Regards,
      Andy
      Queensland Australia

GS750B (1977)
      Wiseco 850 kit, K&N pods, 4-1 transac, Custom 2 pak paint, IKON shocks, Custom L.E.D light boards (turn + stop/tail + dash)

Comment

Working...
      X