No announcement yet.

BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that all you've done to it? man, I though this was a complete overhaul...

:P

I still want to hear it bark

Comment

the list of mods s impressive- i ran 150s in my 1166 bike and it used all of the gas at wide open.They were just stock cvs though
      I didnt read the whole thread. Sorry but i was pre occupied with a lot of legal junk and for me to miss this sort of thing is unusual.
      The qestion i have is did you do anything to widen the rear wheel. That is a problem that i will face soon and need all the advice i can get. All i want is a wider tyre for the street- See i spelled tyre so you would know what I was talking about

Comment

Scotty,

I am running a gixxer rear 5.5 with a 180/55/17 tyre.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Originally posted by katman
          Scotty,

I am running a gixxer rear 5.5 with a 180/55/17 tyre.
          THANKS. i HAVE TO ALSO CONFER WITH jAKE on swing arm work. i forgot if he made his although i dont wnt anything that wide -just some fat tire like the newer crotch rockets have.
          Did you have to mod the swing arm to adapt it.

That link appared on its own??????????

Comment

I'd do it like Rob did, using the oem swingarm with the size tire he is running. The reason I'm using the GSXR swingarm is my slick is 26 inches tall and about 7 inches across. The slick is flat and not rounded like street tires and would hit inside the oem swingarm. You may need to use a 5/8 offset sprocket too. Maybe Rob can repost his big tire thread.

Jake

Pic-napked this

1and 2 is where the tread part of the slick would hit the swingarm due to it being so wide. As for 3 thats where the top of the slick would touch the top of the frame by the shock post sence the rear is lowered.
            1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
            1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
            1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
            1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
            01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Thanks as always .

Comment

oh YEAH i ALREADY HAD A hd BEARING INSTALLED IN THE TRANNY IN ANTICIPATION OF AN OFF SET SPROCKET SETUP

Comment

Haven't been able to ride the last few days but have it running better.

I thought I had posted this but can't find it. I am running with a disconnected excelerator pump. Runns much better with less backfire and poppin. the air screws are at 1 full turn but not quite right yet.

More ridin and more tunin needed.
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Katman,

Nice work - looks great.

I noticed in one post you took the oil cooler off. You also say you are running the 1150 cover. I'm not sure that is a good idea to remove the cooler using that cover. I hope you put the 1100 one back on.

Comment

Sounds like's she wants more fuel. Go big jets.
                      1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                      1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                      1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                      1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                      01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
                        Katman,

Nice work - looks great.

I noticed in one post you took the oil cooler off. You also say you are running the 1150 cover. I'm not sure that is a good idea to remove the cooler using that cover. I hope you put the 1100 one back on.

Noooooooooo, took off the 1150 cover. Running the stock 1100 cover until I get another cooler....Thanks for the heads up though.
                        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake
                          Sounds like's she wants more fuel. Go big jets.
                          Jake, I'm not into the jets yet. She is poppin and burpin between 2 and 4k @ 1/4 throttle?
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

She is coming alive now. I had a ignition rotor problem...it was very sloppy. Made quite a diff and tonight I put in some number 20 pilot jets and oohhhh man, crisped her right up.

Still the odd burp though the header but its onto fine tuning now. I am going to raise the needle a notch and I think that will do it and the rest will be fuel mixture.

One thing I have to do is get a push/pull back on it. The carbs doooo hang up which keeps me on my toes. Speaking of carbs....they sure are noisy...

I have to do a pace session to. I don't think my speedo is correct
                            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Well.....she is running nice now. up to 6.5 k anyway. pulls hard.

A little lumpy below 3k but what can you do with flatslides and cams. barkin and fartin are gone. here is the set up. 130 mains, 20 pilot, needle is one down from neutral, air/fuel 1/2 turn.

I put a set of 33 smoothbores on for a test and found the flatlsides make quite a racket. I haven't opened her up yet..only 250km on her now, just going to run her in abit and enjoy being on the road again.

I have picked up two sets of front ends. 2003 750 and a 2001 gold 1000. I think I am going to put the 750 front end on and sell the 1000 with a drop triple. I have 2003 wheels so will try to mount them.

As if I hadn't worked enough on this. The 03 rear wheel has a huge axle so I am going to cut and reweld some 1000 axle supports onto my bandit arm so it will accept the axle.

after a few hundred miles I will take it to the dyno for fine tuning and get some output numbers.
                              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

We await those numbers

Glad to hear it is on the road though. I hope to be right behind you buddy.
                                I am still at the mercy of my engine builder on this one. Pushing hard.

Glad one of us got something done.

Comment

Working...
                                X