Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DSS View Post
    Hi
    I am wondering if a 4-1 exhaust system made for GS 550 77-80 could fit a GS 650 G / GT 82
    Can anyone tell me?
    It can be made to fit. I just put my 550 Kerker on my bike with the 650 head. The inside of the ports are fatter on the 650, so you need to make some kind of spacers to hold the smaller 550 pipes in the center of the 650's larger ports. Not sure how it would fit on the rest of the motorcycle, you may have to rig up some brackets or something.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      I had them on my 650G, that's the only time I've ever run them. Terrible power, terrible fuel economy, kind of loud but an annoying sound, Honda-like. I put stock 650G mufflers on and it was a Hell of an improvement. Mine may have been some aftermarket crap, dunno for sure.
      After a day of being assaulted by a nasty off-beat sound, which made a noise like a defective Ducati (I'm sure this is caused by the connector pipe underneath, and the problem of 1&2 and 3&4 feeding into LH and RH mufflers respectively) I had another go at them. I effectively put the baffle plates back in place and augmented them by holding a stainless steel pot scrubber in the main absorption pipe, via some washers and threaded rod.
      Hola! Sanity is restored. It now revs cleanly and quietly.
      Last edited by Grimly; 04-01-2016, 12:54 PM.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Thanks tkent02!
        Im worried about it could hit the frame at any point.Have searched the internet for 4-1 system,and I have found a black Mac for GS 550 77-80 which I hope could fit my bike.

Comment

Originally posted by DSS View Post
          Thanks tkent02!
          Im worried about it could hit the frame at any point.Have searched the internet for 4-1 system,and I have found a black Mac for GS 550 77-80 which I hope could fit my bike.
          I don't know about that, my frame is the 550 frame. Mac makes a 650 4-1 pipe too.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Yes they do,a chrome megaphone.But I dont want chrome and I dont want megaphone.

Comment

Hey Spyder,
              What bike did your D and D exhaust go on? Will it fit on a Gs550 frame without having to remove the Center stand? Can you also send some pictures of it and possible some specs? Does it cause alot of back pressure like Tkent was saying?

Sorry for so many questions, I have just been trying to figure out what exhaust would be best for my project.
              Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

I don't have a header for your bike. Only the muffler would work for you.
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Does a gs650 exhaust work on a gs550 frame? I was looking at a 2 to 1 Mac exhaust on eBay. I plan on doing the 650/550 swap with the 650 cylinders bored to fit the old 650 big bore Pistons that wiseco use to make.
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2016, 07:52 PM.

Comment

You Tube the Danmoto GP slip on. They have carbon fiber, aluminum, and stainless. I just got one and like the sound.

Comment

The danmoto does sound really nice, but I am needing the headers too. I also looked at the delkevic and they only have it for a 750. I am not sure but I don't think a 750 exhaust will fit a 650 head.. Please correct me if I am wrong

Comment

Working...
                      X