Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cam degree specific question

Hi all,

Reassembling my 83 es, to mount the degree wheel, do I understand things correctly that I unscrew the rotor mount nut, put some spacers in, then the wheel, then I can use the rotor nut to secure the wheel? Be patient with me, it's my first time....heh...
    1983 GS 1100 ESD

I think Ray might use the other side and claims one side or the other inaccurate. Last I did it with Bill we checked TDC on each cylinder wrt the wheel.

as you probably know the 83 have welded crank so it should be straight.

Comment

nvm, i grok now. the wonders of search...
      1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

A little controversial but worked excellent.

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.
        Last edited by posplayr; 07-10-2016, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I have extensively perused your posts, Jim, thanks for all the help both directly and indirectly. BTW, any idea where i can get 3 of the fukushawa (?) terminals that go into the plastic shell? I am replacing my stator and I need some new terminal ends. eastern beaver has them, but i cant come up with a 20 dollar minimum order. wish i could just go down to autostoned and pick them up....
          1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Are you asking about weather pack 3 pin connector on the. Compufire stator connection? If so most auto parts stores will have those or amazon.

Comment

these little guys: http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/El...onnectors.html

f250-qlw2030. Maybe i will just order the triumph connector and start from scratch.
              1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Working...
              X