canadian 1984 suzuki katana gs750s s1 s2 hydraulic clutch conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canadian 1984 suzuki katana gs750s s1 s2 hydraulic clutch conversion

My bike 1983 suzuki gs750ed. I want to convert to a hydraulic clutch, why? there is much to be desired when the clutch, linkage and assembly come into play on these gs's. Ken Meredith built a 83 gs750es back in the early 90's and he did this conversion, it was a front sprocket cover with hydraulic slave cylinder from a Canadian 1984 suzuki katana gs750s pop up headlight anniversary edition (gold frame/gold valve cover) I actually contacted Ken a couple of weeks ago on the phone and spoke with him about his build. Extremely nice guy and glad to know he actually still has the bike after all these years. So what im looking for is a part number for the cover, a parts diagram, a salvage yard that may have one, or maybe a NOS part. after extensive searching on the interwebs ive had no luck. maybe because this bike was only a south africa, japan and canada market bike. anyways tell me what you experts think? is it a lost cause or do i have to fabricate modify my existing front sprocket cover and adapt a hydraulic slave cylinder for the clutch? Thanks Scot.

New Zealand got them too - and Australia I think. Try the internet buy/sell sites local - trademe in NZ and gumtree in Australia.
    Most likely source is from someone putting an 1100 motor in for a racebike...

Comment

thank you i will try that. Were they called the "shark'' in New Zealand and Australia?

Comment

UK got a few as well
        78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
        82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
        83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
        2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
        Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

Originally posted by scot View Post
          thank you i will try that. Were they called the "shark'' in New Zealand and Australia?
          No - but quite a few dealers of that era were....

Comment

If Agemax is still around, you should talk to him. He set out to convert his GS1000 to a hydraulic clutch a long time ago.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

This was one suggestion at the time:

"Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
              X