No announcement yet.

Thank you soooooo much! And any further advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few narrow minded oldsters here. Some people act as if cutting up a 35 year old bike that there were once hundreds, if not thousands of, is akin to putting an inline 6 Chevy motor in a Boss 429 Mustang. Unfortunately, it's something you have to let roll off of you. If I don't like a bike, I won't say squat to the owner.
    Last edited by Deuce; 07-20-2016, 05:57 PM.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
    Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Welcome to the site. Now you know about some of the people here - and knowing is half the battle.

I think that $3500 is a bit optimistic, though.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Ouch! Never lead with a Thank You seems to be the message.
        I'm sure you'll find a buyer as you probably know, it not being your first rodeo.
        People will buy anything and if they like the look and get a season out of it that's fine and good luck to them.
        Some spend twice that on booze and smokes in a year.
        97 R1100R
        Previous
        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

[QUOTE=Brendan W;2312769]Ouch! Never lead with a Thank You seems to be the message.
          Duly noted! I'm not against criticism, I'm a big boy I can handle honest opinion. .. but at least have a reason or be constructive with your critique. .. no... I won't sell the head for $50... I don't honestly expect 3500 in my hand but that's what I would post it as... why not? 11000 mi, ran good... would appeal to some (wink,wink) ... thanks to this site I have fixed all the inherent issues and completely rewired the whole thing with new wiring and mini fuses... as you stated ride for a season make sure it's right have my fun and off it get my $ and do it again. .. I just picked up a zephyr 550 I'm dreaming up ideas for too... I'm just having fun with them... the more time I spend tinkering the less trouble I get in...

Comment

Originally posted by JJ View Post
            That one is RUINED!
            I believe it has potential ! Lots more work though. Complete tear down. Custom metal flake powder coat frame. Custom paint on the tank. Nice digital retro instrument cluster. New set of Bridgestone RWL tires. Engine covers and wheels polished. Custom leather seat. Just to get started....

I commend you just for having the time and money to do it !
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I'm gonna do high gloss black on the frame and flater white on the body with high gloss black in the tank scoops... want to do a gold foil inlay on top of that but haven't decided yet. .. if I can make enough power to smoke harleys and I like it I might keep it... really wanna do a rising sun in gold leaf

Comment

Originally posted by Crassfab View Post
                I'm gonna do high gloss black on the frame and flater white on the body with high gloss black in the tank scoops...
                Sounds good. Detail is going to be key.

Originally posted by Crassfab View Post
                if I can make enough power to smoke harleys
                I would stick to show bike. It aint ever gonna be a performer.
                Last edited by bonanzadave; 07-20-2016, 09:43 PM.
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I know... but I just can't help trying to make it run like a raped ape.... I'm working on a deal for another tl now... I am dying to make a bobber with a tl motor.... that one will be my "sleeper" for as unassuming as the tl sound is...lol

Comment

I muse admit it is totally not my first choice in bikes... but it's not really for me and I am enjoying the outcome of low buck styling. .. I agree the devil is in the details. .. that's why I lit up the inside of my gas tank so my fuel sight gauge is still feasible at night.

Comment

This is one fellow I'd like meet. Has tools(and apparently knows how to use them) and a imagination. Cleveland is just up the road from me. I'm sure I could get Adam to ride up with me too.
                      Private message sent Crassfab.. ��
                      Last edited by storm 64; 07-21-2016, 08:44 AM.
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Thanks for the compliment. .. I have more imagination than most can handle..lol... I'm thinking about going the motard route with this zephyr. .. drz just doesn't have enough top end to make it something I would entertain... I'd be different and if it sucks... put it in the parts pile...

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                          This is one fellow I'd like meet. Has tools(and apparently knows how to use them) and a imagination. Cleveland is just up the road from me. I'm sure I could get Adam to ride up with me too.
                          Private message sent Crawfish... ��
                          Ur inbox is full

Comment

A friend of mine owns a shop in Cleveland "Disowned Customs" (Danny) he works on a few Suzuki GS's. Also I have a 97 TlS and love it. Looking forward in seeing your project completed. Bobbing out my 1100 GS as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X