Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will these fit a 93? OEM Suzuki Bags & mounts

SmartSelect_20200503-133752_Chrome.jpg
    New share attempt so hopefully all pictures show up now. They're in German unfortunately. The guys on FB GSX1100G group said they'll fit.

Since I can only attach one picture here's a share to the other 2. Sorry I don't have more. Will these mount up right to my bike? Stock 93 93 Suzuki GSX1100G. I'm sorry I probably should have posted this under appearance...

Last edited by Guest; 05-06-2020, 08:49 AM.

Pics

orginal pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Mounts

are these correct for a 93?
      Attached Files

Comment

It's a little unclear what these were intended to fit in the first place.

The one photo mentioned GS850/1000, so if that's what they fit, they would most likely not work for the GSX1100G, which is a completely different bike with a completely different frame.

For one, the GSX is a monoshock rear suspension. The 850/1000G uses twin shocks, so the upper mounting point of the shocks is almost always used as a mounting point for luggage racks.

Then again, you have info from an owner that they work, or can be made to work? It's impossible to say without the parts and the bike right in front of you. Maybe these are universal and you can get them to work by making simple adapter plates. The rear frame is tucked up under the plastic, so you'd need some sort of U-shaped brackets, which I don't see in the photos.
        Last edited by bwringer; 05-08-2020, 08:15 AM.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
          It's a little unclear what these were intended to fit in the first place.

The one photo mentioned GS850/1000, so if that's what they fit, they would most likely not work for the GSX1100G, which is a completely different bike with a completely different frame.

For one, the GSX is a monoshock rear suspension. The 850/1000G uses twin shocks, so the upper mounting point of the shocks is almost always used as a mounting point for luggage racks.

Then again, you have info from an owner that they work, or can be made to work? It's impossible to say without the parts and the bike right in front of you. Maybe these are universal and you can get them to work by making simple adapter plates. The rear frame is tucked up under the plastic, so you'd need some sort of U-shaped brackets, which I don't see in the photos.
          I wondered the same, I talked to them and they said it was for an 81-83. They also said they found a set that fits mine, they're just waiting to get it. I think I attached a thumbnail upthread, it won't let me attach it again.

Comment

Working...
          X