No announcement yet.

Clouds GS Restoration Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright... So next week I have a friend coming to help me with the bike. I got a little side tracked with my other projects but the bike will hopefully be running by the end of next week.
    2010 Honda VFR1200F
    1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
    Being Revisited
    1981 Honda CM400T
    http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Your friend should get a ride on her for helping
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I think my friend is not asking too much at all.
        2010 Honda VFR1200F
        Being Revisited
        1981 Honda CM400T

Comment

Who's her????
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

That would be the motorcycle Chef... Dirty biker... The chick is for me.
            2010 Honda VFR1200F
            Being Revisited
            1981 Honda CM400T

Comment

we need this thing to run. I just acquired a ignitor unit from an 1100, should be the same as yours, looks like yours. Read the part number on it and we will see if it is the same.

Comment

Haha... I realized it's been almost a year since I started this resurrection. I have a busy month an a half ahead of me, but maybe she will run sometime this year.

Plus I haven't bought anything for recently
                2010 Honda VFR1200F
                Being Revisited
                1981 Honda CM400T

Comment

During the removal of the fuel sending unit from the old tank I discovered it was rusted to death. Our venerable Uncle Mike hooked me up with one, but it was damaged during delivery by the shipping company. I zip tied the unit together but as you can tell I don't like to cut corners.

So today I scored this:
                  2010 Honda VFR1200F
                  Being Revisited
                  1981 Honda CM400T

Comment

Ok, so fuel guage will work. Does it run yet?
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                      Ok, so fuel guage will work. Does it run yet?

Ummm... Not yet
                      2010 Honda VFR1200F
                      Being Revisited
                      1981 Honda CM400T

Comment

Duane... THANK YOU!
                        Yes the bike is finally running. The problem? The ignition timing was off by one tooth. I kid you not.
                        Does that mean I am done? No. The carbs are running waaaaaaay too lean in cylinder number four and a little lean on number two. All the other little stuff still needs to be done (cleaning up wiring, fixing the neutral light, chain/sprocket, throttle cable adjustment so there is slack (don't ask) and a number of other small niggles).
                        Finally....
                        Last edited by cloudbreakmd; 08-20-2009, 11:39 PM. Reason: Excited typing the first go around.
                        2010 Honda VFR1200F
                        Being Revisited
                        1981 Honda CM400T

Comment

Originally posted by cloudbreakmd View Post
                          Duane... THANK YOU!
                          Yes the bike is finally running. The problem? The ignition timing was off by one tooth. I kid you not.
                          Does that mean I am done? No. The carbs are running waaaaaaay to lean in cylinder number four and a little lean on number two. All the other little stuff still needs to e done (cleaning up wiring, fixing the neutral light, chain/sprocket, throttle cable adjustment so there is slack (don't ask) and a number of other small niggles).
                          Finally....
                          Right on!..........

Comment

Along with a timing problem the carbs were hosed up, flooding out and required blowing into the vent hoses to get the bike started. We had to go to the backup carbs off the shelf and they need a bit of work too. I have the first set of carbs and I will figure out what the deal is and test them on my 650G ( same size as the 750) and get them back to him.

The 4th pipe blued up from a lean condition, probably a stuck float or clogged jet. Isn't there some polish that can take the blue off the chrome pipes?

Comment

Blue job I believe is the name of a good product.

Comment

Just ordered a can.... Let's hope it works.
                                2010 Honda VFR1200F
                                Being Revisited
                                1981 Honda CM400T

Comment

Working...
                                X