X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80GS850GBob
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Sandy View Post
    Unfortunately for many of us the right wrist is not connected to the governor in our brain.
    A)...an 850G ain't lite...over-all weight/tune is a possible factor.
    B)...guys have two brains, as I recall....lol....neither are always that rational.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy
    replied
    Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    It's called your right wrist.
    Unfortunately for many of us the right wrist is not connected to the governor in our brain.
    Last edited by Sandy; 05-21-2023, 11:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GS1150Pilot
    replied
    It's called your right wrist.

Leave a comment:

• shunnon
    Guest replied
    LOL. Hold on. So my 1982 GS850g that has a speedo that only goes to 85 can go faster? I was under the impression that it had a governor preventing that to happen.

Leave a comment:

• 80GS850GBob
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    I got pulled over a year ago doing 90+mph. I showed the officer that the highest printed number on my speedo was 80, and he said, "Alright, I'll write you up for that." True story.

Now I'm a little worried, because I've switched to the '83 gauges which indicate 140 mph.
    A) you have a half notch past 80, so she'll show 85.....
    B) that was a nice guy for doing that...20 over is bad enough, cost wise...
    C) "140mph speedo" - now your gonna be in trouble...me too soon{chuckle}

Leave a comment:

• Rob S.
    replied
    Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
    My 80 GS850G will do 85mph...then I'm out of speedo....so 85!{grin} That's what I plan on having to ever tell a police officer if need be- "{officer}Do you know how fast you were going?...{reply}...Yes sir, 85, cause that's all my speedometer says she'll do".{someone will be laughing after that...probably not him}
    I got pulled over a year ago doing 90+mph. I showed the officer that the highest printed number on my speedo was 80, and he said, "Alright, I'll write you up for that." True story.

Now I'm a little worried, because I've switched to the '83 gauges which indicate 140 mph.

Leave a comment:

• 80GS850GBob
    Guest replied
    My 80 GS850G will do 85mph...then I'm out of speedo....so 85!{grin} That's what I plan on having to ever tell a police officer if need be- "{officer}Do you know how fast you were going?...{reply}...Yes sir, 85, cause that's all my speedometer says she'll do".{someone will be laughing after that...probably not him}

Leave a comment:

• steve murdoch
    replied
    Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
    Cayuga... I went there when the IDBA had a race there. It was around 86-88... I remember having Pea meal for breakfast. I thought it was some kind of oatmeal made out of peas.... You ever heard of Pea Meal?
    Probably '88. I remember being at a bike only weekend and there was a lot Americans racing.
    Terry Kizer and the white, turbo GSX1100 from Orient Express was the headliner.

Pea meal bacon is a common breakfast meat up here.
    Sort of a cured ham, sliced and cooked like bacon Years ago it had a coating made out of ground peas but it is now a corn meal coating.
    Tastes better than it sounds.

Leave a comment:

• akckhim
    replied
    My gs is capable of ludicrous speed lol

Leave a comment:

• storm 64
    replied
    Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
    Sparta or Cayuga?
    I spent a lot of time at Cayuga in '86? with an '83 Katana.
    Cayuga... I went there when the IDBA had a race there. It was around 86-88... I remember having Pea meal for breakfast. I thought it was some kind of oatmeal made out of peas.... You ever heard of Pea Meal?

Leave a comment:

• trevor
    replied
    That is big speed, Trevor.
    My Kat had a Yosh, smoothbores and mild head cleanup from Fast by Gast. Best time was an 11.04, never got into the tens.
    haha...130 pounds? Last time i weighed that i was 12.
    I was the smallest boy in my high school of 1200. But I was fast! 😊😜

Leave a comment:

• steve murdoch
    replied
    Originally posted by trevor View Post
    In 1984 at Sparta on my 1983 gs750e I did a 11.83 at 126mph. Bike was stock except for a 4-1 yoshi that I dropped the collector off at where 4 goes into 1. I weighed about 130lbs soaking wet. Beat the magazine time if I remember correctly.
    That is big speed, Trevor.
    My Kat had a Yosh, smoothbores and mild head cleanup from Fast by Gast. Best time was an 11.04, never got into the tens.
    haha...130 pounds? Last time i weighed that i was 12.

Leave a comment:

• GSXR7ED
    replied
    Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
    Fast enough to get me a 100mph state felony speeding ticket in NM....and not I have though been a couple times I should've of lol
    '
    Ummm, yeah. About that triple digit/felony thing; doh!

We did some good speeds going to Gila.

Ed

Leave a comment:

• trevor
    replied
    Originally posted by azr View Post
    I noticed the same thing this summer, the bike would max out in 4th easier than it would in 5th. 205kmh is as fast as mine will go, but at the same time I was pumping fists with my buddy beside me.. so that made us feel we were going much faster of course....
    That is something I won't soon forget!

Leave a comment:

• trevor
    replied
    Sparta or Cayuga?
    I spent a lot of time at Cayuga in '86? with an '83 Katana.
    In 1984 at Sparta on my 1983 gs750e I did a 11.83 at 126mph. Bike was stock except for a 4-1 yoshi that I dropped the collector off at where 4 goes into 1. I weighed about 130lbs soaking wet. Beat the magazine time if I remember correctly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X