Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More powerbands is what you all need:

Comment

I guess with speedo error on these old GS's I don't really know anymore. I do know with stock gearing it'll pull red line in top gear for what that's worth. Speedo shows 200kph (126mph).
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I just bought my 1980 GS750E 1 month ago. I hit 90 the night I bought it. Comming from a two stroke background I have a hard time taking 5th gear any faster. I am sure it is just a matter of time. Does anyone know what the documented top speed is for this bike?

David
        1980 GS750E
        1968 YR2

Comment

118 on radar and 131 on the dream-o-meter..........................on my snow mobile 2003 Yamaha RX1. I have seen an indicated 120 on my 79 850

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike
            I was thinking of painting more of the motor on my T black for some cheap horsepower.
            Good call, the black is waaayyy faster.
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I ran out of speedometer (85) and road before I ran out of horsepower. I'm sure it would go at least 130.

Comment

Fast enough to not want me to experience how fast it is.

Comment

120 mph on a 85' 700ES . Still had a little left but didn't seem as steady as my old 900RR.

Comment

What a cool thread.my 1980 gs 1000 went to 60mph before the petcock stranded me.I had it to about 125 the first day i got it,based on an estimated 1/4 mile time of 12 seconds and i had it WFO for about a half mile.
                    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Originally posted by ron bayless
                      What a cool thread.my 1980 gs 1000 went to 60mph before the petcock stranded me.I had it to about 125 the first day i got it,based on an estimated 1/4 mile time of 12 seconds and i had it WFO for about a half mile.

WFO? Please explain. I've seen this before and I don't understand what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by omaharj
                        WFO? Please explain. I've seen this before and I don't understand what it means.
                        Something about the throttle being open. As in Wide F#@%ing Open.
                        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

ywp,wfo means exactly wide freakin' open,only a little more graphic.
                          future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

110 mph... minus motor

another wtf...

gotta love them face brakes...

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: http://www.jokaroo.com/extremevideos...cle_crash.html

Comment

I had my 80 gs1100E up to 120mph (according to rpms), but onlyhad about 1000rpms before I started redlining (about another 15mph).

Comment

I got tagged at 128mph last week by the state police on my 85 550l. I saw the lights and pulled over I knew it was for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X