No announcement yet.

As Promised.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Copper accents and the the patina on the ventilated side covers are killer. Very Steampunk. I like is a lot.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks! Yes there are a ton of stuff copper plated on the bike and with the passage of time i think the copper is getting oxidated giving it a more rough look, i like it better now than when it was first coated. As for the side covers they are also very practical 3 bolts and i am in the electrics,battery etc. The bike is a product of constant work and care for the last 5 years always upgrading something. I didnt care only to make it look good but also to have rideability. But as you guys i am sure know it never ends this upgrading madness.I think it will be 100% finished upcoming winter with the addition of some tarrozi rear sets + fork brace Rich82GS750TZ wow man i just saw your rebuild thread you and the boys sure are brave lifting this fully assembled beast and bolting it into the frame . I cheated out with bolting the assembled bottom end on the frame and then doing the top end seperately.
      Last edited by Kara25; 03-24-2023, 04:25 PM.
      GS674 Hybrid -1965 Vespa 90 -1958 BMW R26

Comment

Well done on that. A proper sync to finish it off and it will be even better.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I believe in breaking in the bike the way you intend on riding it. It puts the pressure on the bearing surfaces in the right place from the beginning, and I have found you end up with a smoother running machine. Keep on top of the oil changing schedule in the beginning, very important.

Comment

Yeap plan of attack is to drop oil&filter at 150kms and also check if any valve clearances changed.while i will be in there i will re-torque the head and vaccum synch. I plan to keep using the mineral even after that for the next lets say 500kms but with giving the engine more revs (maybe redline??). Then drop oil&filter and go to my semi-synthetic Castrol power 1

Comment

Good plan. The worse thing a person can do is run a engine with no load on it. When I worked on aircraft engines, we had a service prop that was really short, but had blocks along the edge of square lengths to simulate air resistance. They were ran up on test stands that way.That's where I was educated about bearings. The average Piper Cherokee produces 180 H.P. but produces it at 2,250 rpms. Could you imagine having that much horse power barely off of idle! When flying, you always flew at full power, except when landing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kara25 View Post
                Yeap plan of attack is to drop oil&filter at 150kms and also check if any valve clearances changed.while i will be in there i will re-torque the head and vaccum synch. I plan to keep using the mineral even after that for the next lets say 500kms but with giving the engine more revs (maybe redline??). Then drop oil&filter and go to my semi-synthetic Castrol power 1
                There is no reason to change the oil so soon; the filter will remove particulate matter. I'd wait until at least 750km. I do agree with torquing the head and checking valve clearances, though. If the head nuts are loose, tighten, and check again in a couple hundred km's, until the torque stops falling off.
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Well very nice then wednesday i will reach 150 kms and pop the cover to check clearances&vaccum synch. Suzukian you saw my bikes i think its time you show us this exotic honda you have i know i know you dont want people to see it but you teased us for long enough

Comment

Soon, it's buried in the back of my Barn.

Comment

Working...
                    X