some pics of my junk, 81 gs450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NetBSD View Post
    i love this bike, still considering doing my 450 this way but the misses doesnt like the one seat idea im going to have to kick the idea around as im tearing my bike down

Comment

hrmmm i wonder how bad of a ride that passanger pad is, lol. im gunna have to do some reading.

anyway not to highjack but what do you guys think of using 3/4" sch80? i got a **** ton of it sitting here and it would be cheaper then buyign the chromo stuff

Comment

hrmmm i wonder how bad of a ride that passanger pad is, lol. im gunna have to do some reading.

anyway not to highjack but what do you guys think of using 3/4" sch80? i got a **** ton of it sitting here and it would be cheaper then buyign the chromo stuff
        Yeah I was about to say as if the ride isn't hard enough. Atleast the driver has springs. That passenger is sh!t out of luck lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ironriot View Post
          Yeah I was about to say as if the ride isn't hard enough. Atleast the driver has springs. That passenger is sh!t out of luck lol

its just to get chicks from the bar to home, plus the next day she'll think your the reason her butt is sore

as for the pipe, its a definite NO-GO. pipe is for plumbing and has no structural qualities, tubing is all you can use. someone will argue this, I assure you, but its your safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Richharr View Post
            its just to get chicks from the bar to home, plus the next day she'll think your the reason her butt is sore

as for the pipe, its a definite NO-GO. pipe is for plumbing and has no structural qualities, tubing is all you can use. someone will argue this, I assure you, but its your safety.

not saying your wrong but we use 2 and 3" sch40 in roll cages that take a **** ton of abuse in rollovers and they hold up, sch80 is almost twice the wall thickness and ive used it in draglinks to tie rods before with no issues, alot of people bitch about sch being welded together and claim it splits but i never had it happen. just trying to get an idea here

Comment

not saying your wrong but we use 2 and 3" sch40 in roll cages that take a **** ton of abuse in rollovers and they hold up, sch80 is almost twice the wall thickness and ive used it in draglinks to tie rods before with no issues, alot of people bitch about sch being welded together and claim it splits but i never had it happen. just trying to get an idea here
              what do you build rolllcages for with pipe? nothing sanctioned, right. I'm not going to argue pipe vs. tubing because its like beating a dead horse and I really don't care. just advice, I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Richharr View Post
                what do you build rolllcages for with pipe? nothing sanctioned, right. I'm not going to argue pipe vs. tubing because its like beating a dead horse and I really don't care. just advice, I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt.

im actually a member at pirate4x4, i built a cage based off their threds and 4 of my buddies have built them. sch40 and 80 is what id say 70% of the people use for making upper and lower control arms and 4 links, this is what holds yer rear and front axle in place, now thats ALOT of weight and force to be holding.

i dont know a whole lot about steel pipes/tubing but i know basics. this is why i asked. guess ill look into moly prices

Comment

im actually a member at pirate4x4, i built a cage based off their threds and 4 of my buddies have built them. sch40 and 80 is what id say 70% of the people use for making upper and lower control arms and 4 links, this is what holds yer rear and front axle in place, now thats ALOT of weight and force to be holding.

i dont know a whole lot about steel pipes/tubing but i know basics. this is why i asked. guess ill look into moly prices

yeah, its only a couple bucks more and worth the piece of mind. its only a hardtail so its not a lot of metal

Comment

Backyard builders use pipe because it's easy to get and pretty cheap but it would never pass inspection for a track car. Tubing is the only thing you can use, period. Even mild steel tubing will get thru inspection before pipe.

Comment

yeah, no go on pipe. Tubing at .120 wall thickness, if I remember correct.

Comment

just a quick update, I've been tearing this bike up. the ride is amazing, front fork could afford to lose about an inch or two, but otherwise its good. so far I've lost a license plate and added a registration tube so I never forget my insurance and reggy.

Comment

man where do you live? Beautiful.I miss seasons. Stays pretty much the same here.

Comment

Originally posted by briyenkieth View Post
                            man where do you live? Beautiful.I miss seasons. Stays pretty much the same here.

its just the spots I took some pictures, its Queens NYC (see "coming to america"), thats actually a landfill across the water and the other pictures are on a road in a park.

Comment

would have never guessed.

Comment

Working...
                              X