Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
    Basscliff,

I see that I'm not the only who's parking arrangements require surgial driving skills to to go for ride. Glad to see you both up and running!

cg
    Hi Charlie,

Yes, it's a little tight getting out. It was even tighter when my truck was parked in the driveway. I have a little bit of concrete walkway that I back onto before pulling down my short driveway. I was so excited last night that I didn't even check the tire pressure before I left on my test drive. I knew something was a little off by the way it handled just riding down to the gas station less than 2 miles away. When I got home I pumped up the tires. The rear had about 24psi and the front had only 15psi. I normally run about 30-32f/36-38r.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
      I think I'd be more concerned about the earthquakes than the rain...Looking great and Congratulations on all your hard work.
      Thanks Larry,

My wife and daughter felt the earthquake yesterday, but I didn't. I guess I was too excited about getting my bike back on the road.

BassCliff
      Last edited by Guest; 04-05-2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Glad to see you back on two wheels, sir! I know you've got to be on cloud nine right about now

Comment

Thats just awesome Cliff.. So gald to see you and Jessie have mended so well. So how did she feel and perform? Any detection of dog tracking or anything? Did the 2x4 and sledge treatment bring everything back in line?? DETAILS MAN!!!!!! DETAILS!!!!
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven457
            Glad to see you back on two wheels, sir! I know you've got to be on cloud nine right about now
            Thank you! The only thing that bummed me out was the rain this morning. But it's clearing up for this evening!

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
            Thats just awesome Cliff.. So gald to see you and Jessie have mended so well. So how did she feel and perform? Any detection of dog tracking or anything? Did the 2x4 and sledge treatment bring everything back in line?? DETAILS MAN!!!!!! DETAILS!!!!
            Hi Chuck,

I cut my test ride short last night because of my brake light issue but I did manage to ride about 5 miles last night. I didn't notice any steering irregularities. I even took my hands off the bars at one point to make sure she tracked straight. No problems so far. The power/acceleration/shifting/etc felt normal. My front brake is working better since the calipers were rebuilt and steel brake lines were installed. So far, so good.

It looks like the weather is clearing so I'll be able to go for a little longer test ride after work today. Thanks for asking.

BassCliff

Comment

Back in the saddle again, again!

Hi!

I took my first commute into work today since my crash on June 20, 2009. I haven't enjoyed the traffic so much in a long time.

Film at 11.

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                Hi!

I took my first commute into work today since my crash on June 20, 2009. I haven't enjoyed the traffic so much in a long time.

Film at 11.

BassCliff
                ...kind of a weird, but satisfying feeling?

Comment

Awesome Cliff. So happy for you. You are blessed to be riding again among other things.
                  David
                  1998 Suzuki Bandit
                  1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
                  1978 GS1000 - gone
                  1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

Keep the rubber side down my friend.
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Cliff,

I celebrate with you.

Yes, More pics please. What have seen so far is impressive. "Film at 11", you say. How about the 6 o'clock news?

So you get your bike back together and have a earthquake.
                      I get my headlight wiring problem fixed and have thunderstorms and hailstorms.

Dave Redman

Last edited by Redman; 04-06-2010, 04:40 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Way to go Cliff!!!! That is GREAT news!!! How does it handle & how are the BRAKES?!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                          Way to go Cliff!!!! That is GREAT news!!! How does it handle & how are the BRAKES?!!! Ray.
                          Thanks Ray!

The handling is neutral. I don't notice any detrimental changes from the crash. The new bushings on the shocks helped. I'm still taking it a little easy until I get my "sea legs" back, so to speak. I'm going to get Ian to ride behind me in the next day or two to check the tracking, but it feels fine, steers straight, stays solid when I take my hands off the bars, so I think I'm in pretty good shape. The new brakes are better than the old brakes and are performing well. The steel lines and caliper rebuilds are highly recommended by BassCliff.

Dave,

I'll have a little "treat" for everyone as soon as I get home and upload it. After I give Jessie a good cleaning I'll find a scenic spot for some decent pictures. Thanks for celebrating with me. I hope your weather clears soon.

Bill,

I promised Mrs. BassCliff no more crashes. She was a little uneasy when I left this morning, but she trusts me. It's all those other nuts on the road that she worries about.

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                            It's all those other nuts on the road that she worries about.

Nuts? I thought it was rocks?
                            Well nuts, rocks, cars, whatever. All the same. When you see one, don't look at it, look at the clean pavement next to it.

Congratulations!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                              Nuts? I thought it was rocks?
                              Well nuts, rocks, cars, whatever. All the same. When you see one, don't look at it, look at the clean pavement next to it.

Congratulations!
                              Thank you! Excellent advise. I hope I've learned my lesson.

BassCliff

Comment

Just wanted to add my congratulations to all the rest. This is a feel good thread!
                                It's smoke that make electronic components work.
                                Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
                                '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
                                '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
                                '82 GS1000SZ
                                '82 GS1100GL
                                '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Working...
                                X