No announcement yet.

Project 1100 Bandit/Gsxr conv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had it out yesterday, my oil leak has moved from the 1 and 4 exhaust ports to 2 and 3. Thinking on removing the top end oiler all together, seems to have caused all the issues and not really sure of its need for street use anyway. Suspension however is fabulous, tight, crisp and sound through a turn. Could not be happier..

Comment

Hey did you put stock carbs back on and if yes how come , just wondering, and man that is the best looking GS I have seen, Brian

Comment

Where is it leaking from Joe? Exhaust ports don't leak oil. Maybe the valve cover?
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
          Where is it leaking from Joe? Exhaust ports don't leak oil. Maybe the valve cover?
          Ed,

I replaced the valve seals on 1 and 4 where it was initially leaking out the front of the exhaust ports. Pretty certain the added pressure from the top end oiler blew out the 30 year old seals, there were massive pools of oil under the exhaust cam. I was hoping this would solve my problem and it did, however it moved over to the center ports. Pulling the oiler off today but inevitably the valve seals on 2 and 3 will need replacing and they are a booger to get to with the motor in the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by harley10 View Post
            Hey did you put stock carbs back on and if yes how come , just wondering, and man that is the best looking GS I have seen, Brian
            I actually went with a set of stock 1150 36mm CV's instead of the RS flat slides, around town they are so much better than the flats.

Comment

Great look EZ.
              certainly makes me want to start stripping mine down.

Attention to detail is great.
              One of a kind...
              Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500,
              The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                I actually went with a set of stock 1150 36mm CV's instead of the RS flat slides, around town they are so much better than the flats.
                Interesting! How are they set up (Factory Pro, Dynojet, etc.)?
                Thanks!
                2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
                1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
                2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
                s)

Comment

I believe you can get a sheet of that from McMaster carr

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                    Stripped off the covers for polishing and removed the valve cover. Next up adjust the valves and figure out the oil leak...

I think these are the o-ring leaks that Jim and Ray referred to...?? dunno for sure

Are these the culprits? Did you have the head rebuilt or just replace those seals?

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                      Are these the culprits? Did you have the head rebuilt or just replace those seals?
                      Already replaced those, it is coming directly out the exhaust ports

Comment

Just finished enjoying this build. Absolutely fantastic work. Talk about inspirational !! Lots of really cool stuff learnt that I hope to put to good use on my dust collecting project. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by LAMA View Post
                          Just finished enjoying this build. Absolutely fantastic work. Talk about inspirational !! Lots of really cool stuff learnt that I hope to put to good use on my dust collecting project. Thanks for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed, it is still work in progress...

Comment

Working...
                          X