Comment

Looks good. I like the wheels. G.

Comment

Originally posted by kochic View Post

nice work,
        I'm in the same situation has you right now,
        charging problem on my 1000.
        Marc

Going to put a new Duanage RR kit in it tomorrow so should be good to go. Have the new Ikons on it as well now. Handling is much improved and that exhaust sound is lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giablo View Post
          Looks good. I like the wheels. G.
          Morris mags

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post

Looking good - digging that Yosh keyring .

Comment

So back together now. Really happy with the way the exhaust turned out. Still have a charging problem to figure out.

Russ,
              Looks great, job well done. BTW, how are those Flatsides Carbs working out. I would be interested to hear what they came off, what's the jetting etc
              1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
              Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by srsupertrap View Post
                Russ,
                Looks great, job well done. BTW, how are those Flatsides Carbs working out. I would be interested to hear what they came off, what's the jetting etc
                Flatslides are great 'Trap. They were actually on my Cooley and will go back on once I get my smoothbores back from Bruce. I had sent him a set I had purchased off a board member but they ended up being buggered (basically to the point of being unuseable) so I picked up another set and they are on their way to him hopefully. Those flats were actually NIB purchased from a local guy I know. Never have cracked them open so I am unsure of jetting. I know they are perfect for the 1085 motor in the cooley.

Speaking of, what's your progress on your motor? Did you ever find the D port head?

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacstogo View Post
                  Looking good - digging that Yosh keyring .
                  Did I get that from you Pontiac? I was trying to remember the other day who I had picked that up from. Love it!

Comment

Dang Russ that thing is looking fine, is that the the bike I road a year ago?

Great job man!

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                      Dang Russ that thing is looking fine, is that the the bike I road a year ago?

Great job man!
                      That is the one Joe. Will be the only GS ridden from now until I can find a replacement tank for the Cooley. I'll have to go with an '80 1000e tank I'm sure.

Comment

Flatslides are great 'Trap. They were actually on my Cooley and will go back on once I get my smoothbores back from Bruce. I had sent him a set I had purchased off a board member but they ended up being buggered (basically to the point of being unuseable) so I picked up another set and they are on their way to him hopefully. Those flats were actually NIB purchased from a local guy I know. Never have cracked them open so I am unsure of jetting. I know they are perfect for the 1085 motor in the cooley.

Speaking of, what's your progress on your motor? Did you ever find the D port head?
                        I won a GS1100 D port head on Ebay but the seller dodgedude_97 has not contacted me since I won it back on May 25th. It was worth a shot, the seller has terrible feedback rating. I will get my money back eventually; the D port would have been better. Once I get that squared away I will need a set of Flatslides
                        1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
                        Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Finally got the 29's that Bruce rebuilt and painted on the bike. Bruce had suggested satin black and I have to agree they look great on the bike. Oustanding job as always Bruce; you have my thanks.

Think I am done for now until it gets painted. Now do I stay with same scheme or go with the Yoshimura red/white scheme........

Comment

Looking great! I can't wait to get back to NY and put my GS1000 together. I got a nice guiliari seat like yours and a nice Bassani 4-1, smoothbores, raask rearsets, spoke wheels. The gas tank you sold me was the last piece I needed, thanks again.

Comment

So back together now. Really happy with the way the exhaust turned out. Still have a charging problem to figure out.

THIS is a Cooley Replica all you need now are "Yoshimura" decals on the tank.

Have you considered securing the Rr brake line to the caliper support bar? You could use some nylon wiring guides and zip ties. Take your time and it could look real clean.

Nice job dude!

Comment

Working...
                              X