Got my GS 750's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Our "Blessing of the Bikes" is next weekend, hope it will stop raing so they have a good turn out. Looks like yours was a good time and Ol' Yeller looks great!
    O man ,You mean I got to go though all my posts to correct spelling on Ol' Yeller.That ain't happening but if I'm going to reference something like that I should look it up

Comment

Who say's I'm right?! You're not a good speller if you can only spell things one way!
      Hukt on fonix reely wurkt for me

Comment

Googled it,I was right.Old Yeller.should have done that first.Bike is GREAT. The master cylinder from the 85 is way better than the 83 one I was using.New site glass is working a treat.First night ride yesterday.light really is bad.Afraid I got use to the twin lights in the SV-S,flip those on high and it was what night compared to this.O well the joys of riding an old bike.

Comment

If you want a brighter headlight you could always do an HID mod or a silverstar bulb. I went with the HID on my 850 and it made an enormous difference, like riding with the power of the sun in front of you.

The silverstar bulbs are also supposed to be very good, I've never tried them though. A quick search will pull up plenty of ways to upgrade your lights

PS the bike looks awesome

Comment

Not really going to do allot of night riding so it's not that much of a problem.I think it needed to be adjusted better to,did that.Heard good things about Silverstars so if I need to replace I will get one.Low beam on the SV was bad but when you flicked to high it just lit up the word.Can't really expect the GS to do the same.Have a old Cycle Canada test,they complained about the beam quality on the GS.Think it's a poor reflector design.
            Thanks I like it to.

Comment

Well I've been thinking about this for a bit.I'm going to close this thread and start a new one, Project:Old Yeller on the road.Seems like a good time to make the change and get the name on it to.Will link in an edit.Here's the link http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=175660 .Hope you come along!
              Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2011, 09:41 AM.

Comment

OK as this is sort of the part of the build thread I thought I'd post it here.

My buddy gave me these extra 83 GS550 opposed piston calipers.

Not going on Yeller without a break down and clean up.Brown stuff behind the pistons tell me this was a good idea.

All painted.

Was a bit worried they might be tight.Not anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X