Project Super Thrill! 83 GS1100 GSXR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkstang View Post
    Leave them in the thread! That way when people search in the future, they can see more examples and get more out of their search!

With no stickies in these forums, finding info takes A LONG time to weed through the searches.

ken

PS, do you have a part number for that sprocket? the biggest I could find in 520 for my wheel was a 45 tooth?
    What wheel you got?
    My wheel is a 98 Bandit 1200, I believe I purchased the Supersprox on here from Katman. You might look up the Bandit application, as long as you are using the GS hub it will bolt right up.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-14-2010, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Ahhh! I am using the complete GSXR wheel. It uses a 5 bolt sprocket...

Comment

Ahhh! I am using the complete GSXR wheel. It uses a 5 bolt sprocket...
        Bolt pattern might be the same..

Comment

Bandit uses a 6 bolt pattern... At least the one in your pic looks that way?

Comment

Bandit uses a 6 bolt pattern... At least the one in your pic looks that way?
            Yep your right..

Comment

Got the speedo bracket and top triple clamp done today.

Bottom bracket

Basically milled the bottom flat and used the old stud bosses for the key assembly as bosses to mount the bracket.

Comment

you guys are so pro
                Originally posted by tkent02
                That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
                John 3:16

Comment

Very nice work, any chance of getting a set of the headlight brackets? for purchase of coarse.

Comment

Waiting now on the risers and a new brake line.

Comment

'88-'89 GSXR rear 520 conversion might work for you. JT sprockets gives dimensions for all their sprockets so you can check bolt patterns and such. You won't want to run stock gearing with the Gixxer wheels. My stock gearing was 14/45 IIRC. A 16/43 combo with the Gixxer wheels was very close to stock mph per rpm.

Comment

FIRST RIDE!! Got the front end done and took it for a drive. Stock rear end and GSXR front end and I am still alive!

Ok, I believe my forks are not parralel in the triples. Not side to side but for and aft. I know how to align the forks on the axles to keep the forks from pinching in or spreading out side to side. But how do I check to see of they are parallel fore and aft?

Like you had all the triple clamps loose and turn the handlebars one way while someone held the wheel....

Is there a scientific way to align this?
                        Ken

Comment

FIRST RIDE!! Got the front end done and took it for a drive. Stock rear end and GSXR front end and I am still alive!

Ok, I believe my forks are not parralel in the triples. Not side to side but for and aft. I know how to align the forks on the axles to keep the forks from pinching in or spreading out side to side. But how do I check to see of they are parallel fore and aft?

Like you had all the triple clamps loose and turn the handlebars one way while someone held the wheel....

Is there a scientific way to align this?
                          Ken
                          If this does not work something is bent

Comment

Got the front finished and aligned. Installed the rear and aligned it. just waiting on the offset front sprocket to arrive for final alignment and checks.

Used to 3 foot aluminum rulers with plumbs hung from each end. layed one across the front tire pushed up against the forks and the other layed across the top of the tripple clamp against the forks. Measured between the strings to align the forks paralell with each other.

Comment

I drove it with the old rear end after I aligned the front. After the alignment, it drove really well. No wobbles and tracked straight. Could ride with no hands from about 70 down to 35 and no handlebar shake on the deceleration.

New brake stay. Just need to safety wire the bolts before riding much.

Comment

Got the front finished and aligned. Installed the rear and aligned it. just waiting on the offset front sprocket to arrive for final alignment and checks.

Used to 3 foot aluminum rulers with plumbs hung from each end. layed one across the front tire pushed up against the forks and the other layed across the top of the tripple clamp against the forks. Measured between the strings to align the forks paralell with each other.

Looking good.

A new alighnment method?

I assume you double checked to make sure that the forks move freely(with springs out)?

What are you going to do for a front fender?

Looks like you should bend the mounts on the gauges to get them more upright. I think they are at about a 20 degree angle.

Just so you remember, you need to do a front wheel to rear wheel alignment before you check the chain alignment.

Comment

Working...
                                X