My '78 GS750 ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
    Hey OZ, I noticed the nice luggage rack on your 750, do you mind telling me how it mounts and where the mounting points are. I am on the lookout for one for my 550 hotrod and need to know the mounting points so I can take measurements off my bike so I know what to look for at swap meets around the place. I imagine one mount point would be the top shock stud.
    As far as I know it's a Suzuki one? I've seen them on other Suzukis of the same vintage ..
    I'll get some photos of how it mounts and post them up ..

Comment

Originally posted by OzJavelin View Post
      As far as I know it's a Suzuki one? I've seen them on other Suzukis of the same vintage ..
      I'll get some photos of how it mounts and post them up ..
      OK Thanks. Will look forward to seeing them.

Comment

Nash-Kelvinator and Hudson merged to form AMC ..
        .. enough of cars though
        I never knew that. Huh.
        Current Bikes:
        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
          OK Thanks. Will look forward to seeing them.
          Attaches to the rear shock upper mount and something attached to the indicator mount.

.. excuse the poor photos and dirty bike ..

BTW: I have a '79 GS550 so I'll measure up the mount points and see if they are the same between the 550 and the 750

Comment

Thanks that would be great as the 550 '77 and '79 frames are the same. I didn't think the blinker mount would have been strong enough to hold the rack when loaded, but guess it must be. I know my 550 has a metal structure inside the plastic rear guard that things mount to. Mine was actually broken when I pulled it off the have the frame powder coated. I re-welded it and it seems to do the job now.

The measurements on the 550 and comparison with the rack you have on the 750 would be good info to have.

Thanks.

Comment

Yep it's the shock and blinker mount. The distance between these on the 750 and 550 is about 15mm different (550 smaller) .. However the shock mount is slotted and would probably be fine. So I say go for it!

Comment

Yep it's the shock and blinker mount. The distance between these on the 750 and 550 is about 15mm different (550 smaller) .. However the shock mount is slotted and would probably be fine. So I say go for it!
                Thanks OZ........

Comment

I knew I'd seen a rack like that somewhere! I think these are somewhat "universal" between a number of GS', but I may be wrong.

This guy normally has a few around, this one's in pristine condition but he usually has much cheaper ones too that need painting or rechroming.

Here's a not so pristine one for much cheaper:

Not sure if they're exactly the same as Oz's but I'm sure the guy would be happy to measure them for you (I used to know him once upon a time but lost touch).
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

GS750 is "finished" (?) and registered ..

Here with it's GS550 stablemate (and my ZR550 in the background)

Comment

Lookin' good, well done!
                      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

LOL a finished motorcycle LMHO

Comment

.. and now out with other bikes!

Comment

Looking good. Nice to see another GS750 out and about. Impressed with how stock looking you've kept it.
                            1979 GS750E

Comment

Working...
                            X