No announcement yet.

77 GS 750 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the carb sync process can be quite the long arduous task, but I got her pretty pretty close and the difference is noticeable in throttle response and idle. Here is the video of the carb sync.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubV9Xvk0U_Q

Comment

So I started on the tail cap glass work tonight, I decided to try and keep similar lines to the tank while adding a scoop for thrills.

Comment

So the glass is layed up, now some sanding, a skim coat, more sanding, primer and then time to build the new seat. I put the old seat pan in place just to give an idea of the look with a seat, it could look a little better by chopping and deleting the space for a second passenger, but this works better for my use. I had a an idea for the hinge on the seat and have decided I'm going to hinge it in the rear using the bolt holes in the far back where the fender would mount then put a hasp up in the front and add a small gas strut so it will open up lambo style ha! What do you guys think?

Comment

The tail cap is for the most part finished up, on to the seat and then the side panels.

Comment

Man that is looking great... do you think you can get us some pics out in the sun light... Like the way you mirrored the gas tank lines in the tail piece.

Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul, I got some better pics tonight with the digital cam though the lighting still sucks, hopefully I'll get her out soon and get some decent pics in the sunlight. I was hoping to get the seat done today, but decided ultimately that I wanted to use a two part foam and of course nobody carries such. It gets frustrating going in several stores and never finding what you need, and when you do find it you get gouged for simple supplies. I think I may try a costume/ magic store tomorrow since they sell stage prop supplies. I ended up spending some time on the 78 champion boat today so I can go out in the AM and try my luck with the bass.

Comment

Playing with my other late 70's Mikuni carbed beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEuGE_urNRs
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ1yMAgB7nA

Comment

Got the seat covered today and figured out the mounting for the tail cap.

Comment

Ok, so I need some opinions on side panels. Should I leave them off or fab up some new ones? If you look at the drawing I did initially of the bike that is the idea I would be working with.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                    X