Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woo Hoooo!!!! Got a tank for the 1000!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattias44
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Well, SURE, a dryer will work, but this guy is a gen-u-ine Nebraska redneck, so he used what was out by the shed.

What about what's IN the shed? My dad cleaned out the tank from his 49 Farmall Cub buy attaching it to the wheel of the (edit: jacked up) riding mower. Lots of ways to skin a cat, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• 1074cm3
    replied
    Thanks for the note. Congrats on finding another part for your project

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    Cement mixer?
    What, the new dryer isn't good enough?
    Well, SURE, a dryer will work, but this guy is a gen-u-ine Nebraska redneck, so he used what was out by the shed.

Leave a comment:

• tkent02
    replied
    Sorry, it's long gone.

Leave a comment:

• 1074cm3
    replied
    Are you going to be hanging on to the 1100G tank? I can use one if you will be selling it. (if it's not an "L") Thanks

Leave a comment:

• tkent02
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Congrats on the find.

You have access to a small cement mixer? I know a guy that has wrapped gas tanks in foam rubber and old carpet pieces, then wedged it all into a cement mixer and let it run for a couple hours. He will reposition the tank to change the path of the rocks inside, and let it run again. Just a few rounds in the mixer and the inside of the tank looks like new.

Cement mixer?
    What, the new dryer isn't good enough?

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    Been swirling it around with kerosene and aquarium rocks for a few days, it's going to be good. Now if I can just find all the parts I "borrowed" off of it over the last few years.....
    Congrats on the find.

You have access to a small cement mixer? I know a guy that has wrapped gas tanks in foam rubber and old carpet pieces, then wedged it all into a cement mixer and let it run for a couple hours. He will reposition the tank to change the path of the rocks inside, and let it run again. Just a few rounds in the mixer and the inside of the tank looks like new.

Leave a comment:

• tkent02
    started a topic Woo Hoooo!!!! Got a tank for the 1000!!!

Woo Hoooo!!!! Got a tank for the 1000!!!

Been looking for over two years, ever since I got this bike which had a 1100G tank on it at the time. I'm cheap, not going to spend $600 for a tank for a $300 project. Finally found one, $40, no leaks, little rust, just a few small dents.
    Been swirling it around with kerosene and aquarium rocks for a few days, it's going to be good. Now if I can just find all the parts I "borrowed" off of it over the last few years.....
Working...
X