No announcement yet.

T8's 750 Cafe Racer Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread has some important stuff in it, so I'm going to keep it around. However, I'm probably going to start a new thread with a condensed version of this build with NON-photobucket images. I'm in the process of ditching my photobucket account for an imgur account. I'll get all the pics swapped over and start the condensed thread of this build. In the meantime (if you've got the itch to see why it's been taking so long to finish the 750) check out my most recent thread. I've got a bandit 600 that's been getting all the attention lately. It's been my guinea pig so I can wrap up the 750 and actually know what I'm doing! Stay tuned

Comment

Beautiful picture, amazing backdrop! You should get with me this winter, I think I'm going to have Rapid Ray order me up a set of 944cc gs750 Pistons, so that my 425 racer will be a 502, and my 750 will be even more than it has been at 920cc's...
      I also plan to have him port a couple of heads for me, have been putting this off for a while, too many projects! Have to deal with them one at a time I am learning! Too easy to wrap my head around all of them and make progress very little on any of them! I'm sure you can relate!
      '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
      '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
      '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
      '79 GS425stock
      PROJECTS:
      '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
      '77 GS550 740cc major mods
      '77 GS400 489cc racer build
      '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
      '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Hi, I've bought a 2004 gsxr750 fork for my gs750 and plan to to have my '79 spoked wheels on it. I was wondering if you still have the spacers between the hub and rotors that you machined laying around, as I would be interested in buying a set. PM me if youre interested.

-Lars

Comment

I'm not sure how many people have enjoyed this thread or used it as a learning tool, but it's got a significant amount of views so I'm going to be going through it and relinking the old photobucket links to image links that actually work. I may misplace some here or there, but I'll do my best to keep the overall message the same.

Also, updates to come soon. I'm about finished with the gsf600, so the GS750 has some cool stuff in store.

Comment

I know i have enjoyed this thread and truly appreciate you reloading the pics.
            ALWAYS learning stuff on this site.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

+1. I have enjoyed this as well. Carry on.....
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

ALL POSTS AND IMAGE LINKS HAVE BEEN UPDATED.

P.S. This project is not dead.

Comment

Working...
                X