No announcement yet.

T8's 750 Cafe Racer Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the stance on it so far, can't wait to see how it sits with the engine in and weight on it.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyMotor View Post
      Looking good so far!! It's going to have a long stance!
      The stance should theoretically be pretty close to the same. Even though I gained an inch in swinger length the front triples are offset a half inch closer to the headset. On top of that by raising the tail and decreasing the rake a skosh we're about back where we started. The good news is the wheelbase will be close to the same but there's no doubt it looks longer and definitely meaner! Thanks for the compliments guys.

Ok so not a ton has been going on lately because of some little technicalities. We didn't make the counterbores on the outer set of holes on the hubs deep enough so the rotor bolts don't quite hold the rotor snug. Should be a fairly easy fix just time consuming. Still on the lookout for a supermoto wheel so as soon as one pops up the project will be moving again. In the meantime I am just waiting for my GSXR rearsets to show up. Once I have all the parts for those I will get to work on mounting them up and cleaning up unnecessary brackets and what not from the frame.

Cutting die to take the threads further down the GS1100 pivot bolt

Cut off extra

Could prob stand to take another 1/8" off but I'll do it later. This is how it looks for now.
      Last edited by Guest; 09-13-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

How you looking at mounting the rearsets?

Comment

Originally posted by mlymanz71 View Post
          How you looking at mounting the rearsets?
          I'm just going to weld on some steel tabs to the frame where I want the rearsets mounted. Should be pretty simple. I'm thinking about making a strip instead of tabs with multiple mounting locations.

Comment

Awesome build, I love the look of that giant rotor on the spoked rim.

Btw is there any chance you could be convinced to make another pair of those spacers?

Comment

subscribed.... this is way more involved than my little build, but I am all ears!

Comment

Any new updates?

Comment

Hey looks great I just bought a 78 with an 1100 in it and I want to a similar build looks good and inspiring....

Comment

Originally posted by mlymanz71 View Post
                    Any new updates?
                    Nothing yet. Mounting the rearsets and cleaning up the frame are really the only two things I can do until I find a rear wheel. I wish I had more done!

Comment

Thought some of you might dig this. Just a teaser for you (and me) until I can work on her some more. Awaiting a tank and building another custom spacer for the rear brake to adapt to the gs750 spoked wheel. Finding a cush drive SM wheel proved to be too difficult and expensive. This ghetto "paint" rendering shows most of the parts I want or already have just waiting to go on. There are a couple revisions since the first rendering: Brown seat, blue paint, tail section has been reshaped, and I have elected to go with a newer model gs750 tank. I updated the forks, brakes, and swingarm to show what has already been done. Hope this gives some of you who have been following an idea of how it's changed and where I want it to end up now. Updates to come soon!

Ghetto Rendering.jpg
                      Last edited by Guest; 09-13-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Loving the look of this build man! I'm want to do something similar on my next GS750 build! Love the swingarm conversion! I'll be following this for sure!

Comment

That looks pretty cool. I can't get use to that blank space under the seat though.

Ed
                          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Lookin good man! Mine is fairly similar, but you are really going the extra mile (and miles and miles beyond) with the trick stuff... Your fork setup adapted to the front hub is the biggest plus over my original 35mm forks with springs and emulators. Really diggin that setup T8. If I ever make it out west to visit my buddy in Colorado, might hafta hook up and ride! 1200 miles of interstates to get there but it's enticing!
                            '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                            '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                            '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                            '79 GS425stock
                            PROJECTS:
                            '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                            '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                            '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                            '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                            '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

You might have to mess with the Petcock to get that tank on there with those carbs...
                              I managed it on the GS1000 but it was very close, offsetting the petcock or a different petcock would be better....
                              1980 GS1000G - Sold
                              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Hey T8...I sent you a pm on the wheels. I'm building a café out of a 80 750 myself, but not going the extra miles you are. Can't seem to find decent spoke wheels. Your bike will look fantastic! Below is a pic of my last project. It was a lot easier to work on than the GS......

Comment

Working...
                                X